Sugar cookies meet snickerdoodles in these dark and chewy brown butter brown sugar cookies...you won't be able to have just one! You can adjust the sugar if it is too sweet. I like to use raw sugar and S-sucanat, but this is what the recipe calls for. By browning the butter it gives this cookie and completely different flavor! Almost nutty!
· 1 ¾ cup butter
· 3 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
· 4 1/2 cups flour
· 2 tsp baking soda
· 1/2 tsp baking powder
· 1 1/4 tsp salt
· 2 eggs
· 2 TBs vanilla
· 1/2 cup sugar (to roll cookie in)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Allow to simmer until it starts to turn an amber color and smell nutty and fragrant. Remove from the heat to a separate bowl. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the browned butter and brown sugar until well-blended.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
5. Add the eggs to the butter/sugar mixture one at a time, scraping down the sides after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
6. Mix the flour mix into the cookie dough, stirring until just combined.
7. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and brown sugar.
8. Scoop the cookie dough into balls using a 1 1/2 tbsp cookie scoop (or just scoop it into rounded tbsps). Roll in the sugar and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cookie dough, leaving 2 inches between each dough ball on the baking sheet.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until starting to set around the edges. Allow to cool before serving.