Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Barra De Potosi Part 1

 So a year ago, Margaret, Catherine and I decided we would go on a "Decades Birthday Trip". Catherine was going to turn 70, Margaret turned 50 last year and I turned 40. We saved our "mad money" and made it happen. This was truly the first miracle...That it actually happened. No one got sick, no one's loved ones got sick, and nothing else prevented this trip. Because of that, we knew God was in it and we relished in it. We kept looking at each other on the flight and said, "I can't believe this is actually happening!".

 We decided to go to a small fishing village called Barra De Potosi about 30 minutes south of Zihuatanejo, Mexico. The first leg of the trip found us flying from Portland, Oregon to LA. Then we flew from LA to Zihuatanejo. That leg was about a 3 1/2 hour plane ride. I was fascinated with the Sea of Cortez. So beautiful!
 We flew by an active volcano. I don't know the name, but could see the cloud of vapor coming out the top. Pretty cool!
 When we arrived, the air was hot and humid, but not as hot and humid as I had experienced in Puerto Vallarta. I was very happy about that. We took a taxi to Barra De Potosi and entered into our small "resort" called Playa De Potosi. It was ran by some lovely Canadians named Rolf and Maxine. The view of the beach was astounding. The waves were constantly in our ears. Beautiful and serene! Here is a view from the spot we would have our coffee each morning.

 My first walk on the beach! Oh my, I am so used to the Pacific Ocean in Oregon that is FREEZING! I couldn't stay out of the water here, it was so warm and mild. I lived in my bathing suit and sarong during my stay here.

 The pool design was unique. I loved the "beach" that gradually led you in the pool and my girls would have enjoyed the "mermaid rock". I spent so much time reading and relaxing by the pool. Just what this busy mom needed.
 That evening we walked down to the town of Barra by way of the beach. We ate while the sun set and watched local fishermen catch their fish by net or by pole. The restaurants are situated right on the sand!
 As we were headed back to our bungalow, we ran into this little guy. I think it was a sting ray. It looked like it had been speared.

This is a picture of the beach from our tiny oasis. Barra De Potosi is at the end of it. 

I will do this trip in parts so as not to overwhelm you with pictures. 

5 comments:

Ashli K said...

I'm so happy you got to go on this trip! What great retreat for you, just wish I could have joined you. :)

mag brewer said...

We were so lavished upon. Just reading it brings tears to eyes as we will cherish those momeries forever. Here's to 70, 50, and 40!!! We have all come so far and as the trials come and go, we are stronger, wiser and so much more able to marvel at where He has taken us to. I love you, woman.. Thanks for archiving the journey for us. I look forward to part 2.

Camille said...

SO happy for you all! What a beautiful place to refresh and relax! What a blessing to be able to be with friends. Hugs, Camille

Becky L. said...

So glad you got away with with your friends. On a warm beach even. A good, well deserved relaxing time for you. Thanks for sharing.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So happy you got to go! Next time you will have to take me with you :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails