Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Merry Christmas! (Tiny Catch Up)


 I love Christmas. It is a time I can be very intentional about teaching the kids the Bible. I made this advent 17 years ago and every day we read a Bible story counting up to Christmas. The kids know the stories so well now that I have them tell the story back to me instead of me reading to them. I am so thankful that God's Truth is in their hearts!



Christmas is a time of chaos for the Brown House. It seems like it is usually accompanied by some kind of surgery for me. This year I got my tendon released in my right elbow. Not fun! But I am getting by. Can't cook, clean, write and I am barely typing this. I need to be good. Lots of activities, family and friends. Lots of snow, ice and rain. This year has been full of  heartache and triumphs. Praying that God will use all of it for His glory. I am learning to trust and not be afraid. He truly has my family in His hands and His provision is unquestionably GOOD.

Love to all. Thanks for sharing the journey with me.

(Due to my arm, I will be taking a blogging break.)

2 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

We still love our Waiting Tree! Thank you for making it for us. It is the best gift ever :)

Camille said...

So sorry you have surgeries right around Christmas time my friend....but, perhaps it makes things go a little more quietly and slowly? I trust you had a lovely time with your family this last little while. May you know the loving hand of the Lord upon you all now and throughout 2016. Big hugs to you! Love, Camille

Related Posts with Thumbnails