Thursday, May 28, 2015

Celebrating 20 years of Marriage today!

 As I celebrate today, I look at a picture our engagement picture. We were so young, so full of hope and dreams. We didn't know it would be so hard. We didn't know that we would truly have to die to our own selves. We just didn't know. The fights. Oh the fights... The joys, oh the joys! Our six crazy, wonderful, hard children have forged us together. Two very stubborn, independent souls needed each other desperately. By relying on God and not ourselves, we have made it 20 years. In all our differences, God has used them to complement one another. We have ceased trying to change each other and have found the beauty and peacefulness of acceptance. I wish it hadn't taken so long.


Thank you, my husband for working so hard for us. Thank you for giving me the ability to stay home with our children. Thank you for supporting me while I homeschooled for seven years. Thank you for loving me even when I am moody, difficult, and over-committed sometimes. Thank you for letting me put God first, then you. And now God so graciously teaching me to put you before the children.

Thank you for finding a balance between work and family. Not every firefighter wife can say that.

Thank you for loving God, and serving Him.

I love you, my friend, my love, my husband. I pray for many more years to come.

3 comments:

Becky L. said...

Congratulations on twenty years of marriage. May you continue to love and cherish each other through the years ahead of you. So glad you stayed together through the rough times. May God continue to be your strength and peace and guide. Love you all!! 🍰🍦 💕

aimee said...

SO beautiful! God bless both of you and keep spreading the truth:)Happy Anniversary!
Blessings, Aimee

Camille said...

Happy Anniversary!! Twenty is a mile-stone. May the Lord bless you with many more years to serve Him together. Hugs, Camille

Related Posts with Thumbnails