Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Covering

( A nice layer of thick bark chip "covering" my bulbs and newly planted flowers)


I am shocked when I look back and realize I haven't blogged in over a month. It seems like the older I get, the less I have to say. That is probably a good thing.

The Lord is teaching me so much. Life has been difficult the past two weeks. Lots of strange things have happened and I just kind of feel "off". It seems like there is new drama every day and I am growing weary of it.

I was praying and praying yesterday and yet felt no peace, no joy, only worry as I was obsessively thinking about some of my problems. I cried out to God and said, "Lord, I need a word from you." I had no idea how it was going to come but I felt like it was going to be given to me that day. I was desperate!

As I was laying on a massage table, my sweet, Christian massage therapist, who happens to be one of the wisest people I know, started talking to me about this cool documentary she loved. It was called "Back to Eden". It was about gardening and tying it to Scripture. She said it was fascinating how we "cover" our earth with mulch, bark, and cover crops and the reasons behind it. Tears instantly started running down my cheeks. I told her, "That's it! That's my word!" She was a bit confused and I started explaining to her how helpless I had been feeling about some of the hard things my children had been facing at school. I knew God had instructed me to pray for them more intentionally, but when God gave me that word "Cover", I knew that's how I was to pray for them.

Of course, the next morning during my devotions, I decided to do a word search on the word "covering". Fascinating stuff!

Covering: A thing used to cover something, typically to protect or conceal

Cover, Covering Fire: Fire that makes it difficult for the enemy to fire on your own individuals or formations.

Cover: To provide for

Cover: To take an action to protect against future problems.

Cover: To protect or defend

Cover: To maintain a check on, especially by patrolling

Cover: Clothe, as if for protection from the elements

This is how and why I am to "cover" my children in prayer. I sensed a new and renewed purpose when I started to pray for my children this morning. Not just my children, but the other children at school, the teachers, the administrations. I started envisioning the hallways and the classrooms and prayed God's covering over them as well.

His covering is perfect and powerful. I can trust in Jesus's blood to cover my children and the areas that influence them.

"Thank you, Lord for these marching orders. They have given me hope and encouragement. For nothing is impossible with You!"


6 comments:

mag brewer said...

Sounds good. Glad you have more purpose and peace. Love u. Finally got to check mail.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I love that picture at the end of your post! Precious! I'm praying for you and your kiddos. The power of the Holy Spirit is the only thing change anyone. The Spirit speaks truth and reveals Christ. We can't make those changes on our own. It is too big for us. I'm privileged to be walking alongside you as you struggle and always find a way to that victory in Christ. I appreciate you doing the same for me when I'm in those hard situations. Love you so much, Sis!

Rachel and Family said...

Yes! Beautifully written.
When my head is going crazy, I just tell myself "that's what brains do, just like the heart pumps, the lungs breath, etc." ;)
I think of you often my dear friend. You are loved...
xoxoxo

aimee said...

May I encourage you in your prayers of covering? My mom was a "prayer warrior" in every sense of that term. She covered our family with many prayers of protection, etc. I miss those prayers (and her of course) so very much.
Blessings, Aimee

Amy said...

My word for this year is trust. I am learning to trust God for everything. It is a hard thing to do.

I will pray for cover for you. Please pray for trust for me.

Love ya

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I will pray for you Amy! Thank you for your prayers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails