Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Before and After Pics of Living Room Project

(Lily is hanging out with my sweet Amanda whom I watch three times a week)

Here are a few pictures of the living room before I had my friend Kathi come and help me decorate. I had know idea what to do with my pictures or how to make it warm and friendly.

(This kind of shows the set up of the old entertainment center. 

I painted it a nice warm tan.

 I got this new entertainment center with the little drawers. The Turquoise really brightens up the room. I also like having the TV lower. But see that off-centered alcove? That was throwing off my mojo. Sooooo, Kathy suggested we hang some panels.

Can you believe the difference? 

 Found this beautiful painting of a vase of flowers that was contemporary but not crazy weird. The Colors were gorgeous and tied all the rooms together.

The giant stopwatch on the wall serves as our clock and I bought that pretty red tree painting online. The kids loved the rug though. It is really thick and they beg to have slumber parties on it! I also bought some colorful throw pillows to give some pop to the room.

I completely transformed my living room for less than $500!

5 comments:

Becky L. said...

Looks nice! I have 4 of my photos matted, 2 are in one matte. Am waiting to get them into frames. May be longer than I want to wait, due to some expenditures for our unemployed daughter that has come up. I was hoping to get them done in time for Christmas! Sigh! Will see what happens. Just pray for her job situation. Glad you are enjoying your new home! Thanks for sharing.

Hannah Drake said...

I recently found a comment of yours (from 2010!) on another firefighting blog. I was relieved to read that you are a paramedic, and your husband a firefighter - I have been searching and searching for advice on this type of relationship/family for a long time. My boyfriend is going to become a firefighter, and I am looking toward the paramedic path. I would appreciate any and all words of wisdom, harsh truth and realties, just anything to help, inform or prepare for our relationship path, and eventually marriage, then kids. All I'm looking for is some insight - from someone who has experienced what I will first hand. If you see this, and you have some spare time, please email me at hmariedrake@gmail.com. Thank you so much.

Terri Cheney said...

I think it all looks really nice Stacey. You've done a good job

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Hannah, I just want you to know that I am not a paramedic. I am a stay at home mom. So sorry!

M said...

You did a great job, it looks so beautiful and I love your lamp!

I am inviting you to join my giveaway for a beautiful, silver heart locket! Details on my blog!

Happy Holidays!
M
http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails