Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Lord is Good!



(Steve and the kids getting ready to plunge into the Pacific Ocean for the cold water challenge for firefighters) 


It has been such a busy summer so far. We have successfully moved to the home we wish to purchase. We have a buyer for our old house and have agreed on a price. They are a large family too, so it will be perfect for them! Things are moving forward! Not without many, many bumps along the way. God is stripping us bare and left us to completely lean on him financially. We didn't see this coming, but it is pretty exciting to watch the Lord provide for us. In one week between a mistake in the check book and two separate checks in the mail, he provided $800 for us! I felt Him telling me, "If I can be trusted in the little things (like gas and food for a small camping trip and some other unexpected expenses from moving), I can be trusted in the bigger things (the sale of your home). It has been such a faith-building experience for both Steve and I! I have gone from sheer panic, to sheer peace in the span of minutes! God is so good!


Taking care of two properties has been very difficult. The purpose of us coming to this new community is to save money on gas. So far, we haven't been able to do that. If anything we have spent more going back and forth trying to keep up with the yard. But when the dust settles we know it will be a blessing.


We were able to have a wonderful time with our family at the beach. So many memories were made! It was wonderful to get away from it all and to beat the heat. We are in a house that has no air conditioning and it has been pretty hard to adjust too. The beach was much cooler. What a blessing!


The kids are loving our new community! They go to the pool sometimes twice a day. They can walk to the library two times a week to check out books and movies. The store is just three blocks away. Church is about four blocks away and the school/library is four blocks. The kids have so much more freedom here!

(Jessica with a couple of her girlfriends at the pool.)


We are also only seven minutes away from my parent's ranch. It is great to be able to see them more and help out. It is going to be really nice when my dad has his hip replacement on the 27th of August.  While my step mom is at work, I can go check on him and help him out. My big strapping boys are now in the thick of helping my dad buck hay. It has been such a blessing to him to have their help. They are making money and Dad is not having to work so hard with his bad hip. This would have never been able to happen if we had not moved closer.

(This is my first rose at my old house)

I can't wait to plant some roses next year at the new place. I have been gardening like crazy at the new house. I am tying to save money on produce. Feeding this large family has become quite challenging since the price of food has gone up so much. I have always done more flower gardening rather than vegetable gardening. I call my sister up a lot and ask for advice. She is more into the vegetables than the flowers. So it works good! I will do a post on my garden soon.

That's all for now. I will show you some before and after pictures soon. We have worked hard on our new place and it is starting to pay off. I love our new house. It is set up perfectly for us!

Great to be back. Hope to post more of our blessings soon!





9 comments:

Rachel and Family said...

How wonderful! Nice everything is in walking distance. We do not have air conditioning either. Alaska does have it warm days and the house heats up like an oven. I can't imagine how hot you must be getting. Think of all the $ you must be saving :). Great to see all your growing children!!

Nadine said...

So happy for your family that you were able to move into your new home. Praying that the sale of your old home goes smoothly and quickly.
Enjoy your summer!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

God is truly doing a great work in your family. I'm so excited to be witness to all He has done and will continue to do on your behalf. I love your new place!

aimee said...

Very happy about your news Stacie! It will be great to be so close to your family to help them as they get older and for them to be able to be a blessing to you all.
Ah--the beach is definitely the place to be when things heat up during the summer:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Becky L. said...

lovely beach trip. Glad you got moved. Megan and I were up it Hood River today at the lavender festival. We had a good time...so glad to get away and have a relaxing time around lavender and the mtns and buying some fruit. I thought about you....not sure where you were. Take care. Thanks for the update!

Terri Cheney said...

Lovely to see that things are going well for you and your family! Your life is somewhat parallel of ours at present as God shows us more and more that trusting in Him means HE is our source of provision. It's humbling and beautiful, isn't it?

M said...

I'm happy for you Stacie! God is always good if we have faith. Can't wait for your pictures of the new house!

my cozy ❤ little space said...

beautiful post stacy i found you again..blessings soraya

Camille said...

So much fun! What a blessing to see you all having such a lovely time. Hugs to you! Camille

Related Posts with Thumbnails