Monday, May 5, 2014

Confession

According to my last post, I stated that I didn't have a faith problem, but a waiting problem. The Lord did not allow me to get away with that statement. Faith and waiting go hand and hand. He has shown this to me this weekend and I am so grateful for Him to lovingly point it out to me.

Instead I cry out to God as Job did, "I know you can do all things, your plans cannot be thwarted." Oh Lord, help me believe and wait to see what you will do. 

Pastor Dale O'Shields said something profound that I will never forget. "If God knows about it, you don't have to worry about it." It sums Matthew 6 up in one sentence. I want to live free and the only way I can do that is to get a handle on my fear and worries.

I repent to God and ask your forgiveness for that very prideful statement. Trusting God and not in man IS a faith issue. Because we cannot see God, our flesh will always want to trust in what we can see first. (I have gone back and changed my previous post.)

"I come boldly before you, Lord. Not on my own merit, or by my own righteousness (my own is like filthy rags) but by the saving knowledge of Jesus's sacrifice for my sins. I plead the blood of Jesus over all my difficult circumstances right now and pray that Your will be done and not mine.

Let your unfailing love surround me, because I trust in You. Let me rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous, sing, all you who are upright in heart."

Give me humility and keep me humble, Lord. "

2 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Amen, Stacie! I'm so proud of you. You are an example to us all. Love you, Sis!

Lizzy said...

I struggle SO much to trust that God can handle anything! Fear has ruled my life for so long and is something that I am having to continually confess. Thank you so much for your honesty! I can tell your heart is so tender before the Lord. ((hugs))

Related Posts with Thumbnails