Saturday, May 31, 2014

Busy Days, Blogging Break

So good news... We are moving!!! We haven't sold our house yet, but God has made a way for us to rent the new place and be able to make our mortgage payment on this house. What an unbelievable story this has been. I can't wait to see what God is going to do next. After crying out to God, "Move us, already!",  ;) He finally did it. We are still praying we can sell quickly since we have to pay some utilities and maintain both properties at the same time. At least we can move forward. I will take it one step at a time and try not to run ahead or get discouraged and bogged down by disappointments. We have had a lot of interest in the house this time around and shown it several times.


We have been busy, busy, busy as we are packing up our large family and cleaning and clearing out stuff. Stuff, ugh! I still don't understand as much as I faithfully purge, how we end up with all of these boxes. I can't believe how blessed we have been. What a great time to evaluate, "Do I really need this? Have I used this in two years?". It feels so good to give load after load to The Salvation Army. I could have had about three yard sales, but I would rather not deal with it and know that it is helping someone else.

We will be painting, moving this next week and then I will be speaking in Idaho on Father's Day weekend. I am excited to be able to see my precious friend Catherine, and speak to anyone in the Church that will listen about the dangers of the technological world and to better equip parents and spouses to deal with this issue in their homes. Can't wait to see what God is going to do. I do have a prayer request. Our car has been acting up and has been repeatedly in the shop. Please pray it will get me to Idaho (a six hour trip) and back. I don't really have any other option, so I am trusting the Lord with this.

The kids are just about out of school! I can't wait to have them home for the summer. I have a few goals in mind. I will be giving each of them a night to cook once a week and I will walk them through it. Shopping, prep, and some kind of a dessert. I really want to give them some life-skills. Josh is 15 1/2 already and he doesn't have a clue other than to make a sandwich, and Top Ramon. Also, they will be helping out in the yard and I am going to teach them how to put in and care for a garden.

That's all for now folks! Hope to be sharing pictures of the new house soon! I will be back when life settles down a bit.

Please continue to pray for our family in this time of adjustment. And pray that God will sell our house in His way and His time (not mine). Oh, that is a hard prayer for me ;)

5 comments:

Vanyah said...

Thankful to hear you are well and family is making a new journey...prayers going your way from central Louisiana. :)

Camille said...

Praying for you all in this exciting and busy season my friend. The Lord goes before you and with you...how precious the thought! I think your goals for the summer sound wonderful! Take as long as you need for your blogging break...sometimes it's necessary. Love and hugs to you! Camille

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Praying that house sells soon! So excited to see you in your new place :)

aimee said...

Thank God for some answered prayers and prayers for a safe trip (and move).
We need to purge here to as well as decide where to send certain historic photos, things the kids don't want.
Blessings,
Aimee

Camille said...

Thought of you in the night and prayed for your family as you make this transition. How is everything going, Stacie? Hugs to you! Camille

Related Posts with Thumbnails