Friday, April 25, 2014

April News- 2014 "Attempting to Quietly Wait and Trust"

I can't believe it is almost the end of April. We have been so busy. Steve and I were so blessed to have my sister come and stay with the kids so that we could have a get-a-way. We hadn't been on a vacation without kids for over four years. We went to the beach and God blessed us with amazing summer weather (highly unusual for April, usually it is raining side-ways!). I felt very relaxed during the whole vacation. So easy and much, much cheaper. We really needed to reconnect as a couple and I felt that happened.

We are still in the process of buying a house and selling ours. It has been such a faith-journey. We have been waiting on our buyer to start the loan process since January. I have never waited so patiently for anything in my life. But now that we are getting closer to the closing date, I am starting to feel some anxiety. I keep turning it over to the Lord, sometimes five or six times a day. Our closing date is set for June, so we will see what God does. I know God has this, it is just hard waiting on His timing. He keeps reminding me "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man." -Psalms 118:8. Every time I lack peace, I say this verse. So thankful for my Rhema Word!

The lady we are buying a house from is just precious. We go to church together and we pray together quite a bit. So neat to be buying a house from another Christian and watch God work everything out in His way and His time. We look forward to being closer to our church, the kid's school and my parent's ranch. Also, my Great-Aunt Esther and her husband live right across the street from us! It will be so nice to have someone keep an eye on the place when we are gone and to have a neighbor I can borrow a cup of sugar from. They have already mentioned that they will start making cookies for the kiddos when they come visit them. So sweet!
(I love holding Little William. He has been the "Balm of Gilead" to my soul when I am sad. He loves to snuggle and smile and he is so mellow. He brings back so many memories of my own babies. See paragraph below)

I am a bit sad leaving our house though. God finally gave me the neighbor I have longed to have for eight years. She is a young mom named Ashli, with two children,( Bethany and William) that my kids and I love and adore. Her husband is working much of the time and he is in the military as well. She is a Believer and we pray together whenever there is a need (quite frequently lately). We borrow stuff, watch each other's kids and trade recipe ideas. It is such a blessing to be able to help a young mom out (like let her mow the lawn, take a shower and go for a run. Oh how I remember those days before I had built in babysitters!) We have become really good friends and I am so thankful for her. She watches Lily for me sometimes when I have unexpected appointments. I am enjoying every minute of having her so close by. It is getting me ready to move into a small community where EVERYONE is close by.We have been pretty isolated here so it will be a huge change. I am looking forward to helping my friends out and loving and encouraging them when we do move. But I will very much miss Ashli and her family so much. They are in the middle of trying to buy a house as well, so at least we will only be about 15 minutes away from each other.


(Miss Bethany)

(Jacob and Lily can't get enough of "Little Willers")

Parenting has been tough lately. My children are growing and straining. It is tough to watch sometimes. I try to faithfully give them back to God and try not to panic when I see bad habits creep in or nasty attitudes take hold. They are doing well in school, and I am thankful, but sometimes they talk very disrespectfully to each other. I know this is normal sibling stuff, but it breaks my heart to hear it. I need to make sure I am talking to them respectfully and be the best example I can be and discipline them consistently and pray, pray, pray.

I have been very emotional as I struggle along here. I feel like I cry at the drop of a hat. I go through periods of sadness as we continue to struggle in our parenting. God uses our testimony so much and I have such empathy for other parents who are discouraged as they deal with mistakes their children make. I pray I can make a difference and speak a word of encouragement to them. Although, some days, I am the one who needs encouragement. God is so faithful and has surrounded me with godly people who speak love and hope into my life. They don't judge my tears, they hold me and let me cry. I am so grateful for all of them. My Community Bible Study group has been such a support to me this year, my friends, my church family and my new neighbor. God uses them all in my life at just the right time.

I have been feeling so frustrated with myself. I want to be this person who never doubts God. I want to believe ALL of His truths and promises. I want to stop forgetting them the moment something goes wrong or a prayer goes unanswered. There are certain prayers that I have been praying over and over and over. Years have gone by and if anything some things have become worse. I have been feeling quite discouraged over this. Yet I know that God is working out some amazing things in my life. He has protected me, spoken clearly to me, and provided for me in ways that are unimaginable. I feel guilty that I would ever doubt my Lord. Oh, and when I feel guilty, Satan has an" in" to the backdoor of my heart. I confessed it to my dear, sweet friend and she prayed with me. I will continue to try to take my thoughts captive in this area. Guilt is not of God.

"Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds delight in His commands. His children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed." -Psalm 112:1-2

I have tried to be as real as I can be. I pray that in my weakness, I would be made strong. I pray that by sharing my struggles, you would know that you are not alone. He is with us. Sometimes there needs to be a lament before the rejoicing. There is a time for everything...

"Let them know that it is Your hand, that YOU, O Lord, have done it." -Psalm 110:27

6 comments:

Lee Ann said...

I can understand. First of all my prayer life is NOT consistent. I have been praying for some time that a certain situation change or that I change how I handle it and so far neither one of those things has happened.
I struggle with anxiety. I don't take medication although I did at one very brief time. I keep reading that anxiety is worry and lack of trust and that it is a sin. I've had this since childhood. I do believe that having an alcoholic father who would blow up at every little thing contributes to this. So then I feel even worse for my lack of faith.
I don't read your blog every day but when I do it is encouraging.
You are blessing others with your words.

Camille said...

Praying for you today my friend. Yes, the Lord is Faithful. Yes, He is in complete control. Yes! He will carry you through!! You are filling your mind with His word and repeating it back to yourself...that's the best way to battle this out. So happy for you that you were able to get away for a few days with Steve...what a blessing! Keep your eyes fixed on the Lord...He walks this path with you. Hugs, Camille (Isaiah 43:1-3)

Rachel and Family said...

You look so familiar holding a baby :) I will be praying for you and your more-changes. It will be hard to picture your family in another home, but you will adjust, you always do.
Xoxoxo

Catherine said...

My Dear and Darling Friend:
You are an awesome example to us all out here. So many changes have happened so quickly in your life and there are even more on the horizon that you know of. Keep on keeping on! God is with you; He'll never leave you or forsake you!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

You are doing great, Stacie. We all have periods where we forget what the Lord has done for us, but if we press in, He will help us to remember that "HE HAS DONE GREAT THINGS". I love you! Lily is so adorable in those pink cowgirl boots. I absolutely loved meeting Ashli and her kids. So glad God brought them into your life :)

Wanting What I Have said...

Love you so much, sweet friend praying for you. He is faithful. And He is shining through you. In your brokenness, He shines through so bright!! xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails