Saturday, March 29, 2014

Let Go

I ran into this piece yesterday. It is unfortunate that the author is unknown, because it is quite powerful.

I have been wrestling with God lately. Mostly parenting and marriage stuff have been my challenges. I want what I think I want. I don't want to wait. I don't want to persevere. I just want it NOW!!! I was so encouraged after reading this. I hope it encourages you too.
(Jessica took this picture today)

To "Let Go" Takes Love


To let go does not mean to stop caring; it means that I can't live someone else's life for him.

To let go is not to cut myself off; it is to realize I can't control another.

To let go is not to enable, but to allow learning from natural consequences.

To let go is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in my hands.

To let go is not to try to change or blame another; it is to be responsible for myself in that situation.

To let go means I want what God wants in the situation, not what I think is is best for me or the other person.

To let go is not to fix, but to be supportive.

To let go is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being.

To let go is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes, but to allow others to effect their own lives.

To let go is not to be protective; it is to permit another to face reality.

To let go is not to deny, but to accept.

To let go is not to nag, scold, or argue, but instead to search out my own shortcomings and to correct them.

To let go is not to adjust everything to my desires, but to take each day as it comes and to cherish the good in it.

To let go is not to criticize or regulate anyone else's life, but to do my best to become all that I can be.

To let go is not to regret the past, but to grow and to live for the future.

To let go is to fear less and to love more.

To let go is to hug someone, but not hold him so closely he is crushed or smothered.

To let go is give a person or a situation to God, who is the only One who can work everything together for our good and His glory!

***************************************

I couldn't help but highlight the ones that spoke the most to me today. I want so badly to trust the Lord in ALL things and in every situation. He loves me and He loves my loved ones. Thus far the Lord has helped me and I know He will continue. I just have to live today. I can do this, and so can you!

7 comments:

Ethel said...

So true but so hard to do. I'm trying too. I pray to give those things I can't control to Him.


Becky L. said...

Good thoughts, my friend. Life isn't easy at all. One step at a time. The other day when I was at the dentist office right before root canal procedure, I got real scared. I've not had this man work on me before. I had to trust he was good. He was referred by my dentist. I just felt God calling me to pray and so I did. I felt so much better and relaxed. We can't control others but we can do what we can to make it better for ourselves and let God take care of the rest. Remember, His mercies are new every morning. Hugs and prayers for you!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

It is all about balance, isn't it? Thanks for sharing!

Catherine said...

Balance and just plain letting go...really! Let go and let God!

The Park family said...

SO true and something I needed to read today. We are about to transfer care of 2 of our foster kids and they have a sibling that is suppose to go with them, yet the other foster parent is trying to make enough trouble to keep her. We fight where we can but ultimately it is all up to God and we must trust that He will protect what man is trying to thwart!

Camille said...

Praying for you today my friend...the Lord is so Good and Faithful! He will never let you go!! Love, Camille (Isaiah 43:1-3)

Ashli K said...

This was really good, thanks for sharing. Praying for you my friend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails