Thursday, January 23, 2014

Stacie's Tuscana Soup


2 gallons of Chicken Broth (I make my own) salt to taste

2 packages of MILD Italian sausage (cooked)

One to two large onions, sliced thinly

6-8 small potatoes peeled and sliced

2 cups of chopped kale

4 cups of half and half or straight milk

Combine first four ingredients. Boil till potatoes are tender. Add milk or half and half. Bring to a gentle boil. Add kale. Simmer for for 10 minutes. Serve with focaccia bread by using a bread machine. If you are interested in just a straight bread machine that works for everything, you can click here to see my French Bread recipe.

This is a double batch! It freezes really well too!






7 comments:

aimee said...

Mmm! Sounds really, really good!
Thanks for sharing:)
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: Liked your last post Stacie. I can identify with your feelings of being on the 'bottom' of the roller coaster. Things are getting better though and good things have come of that time.
Bless you.

Lizzy said...

yum! I may have to try this! I love soup and it is so cold now this would be perfect!

Becky L. said...

This soup sounds delicious. Will try is simce I like to make soup om the weekend and then we can have leftovers for lunch the following week. Is your pot
A Paula Deen stockpot? I have one as well and use it frequently. Take care, my friend. Hugs!

mag brewer said...

Yum. Sorry I missed it yesterday. Thanks for the prayers.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Grandma Becky, I don't know about the pot, I got it as a gift. I LOVE it!

Aimee, so glad that that you are pulling up from the bottom. I pray that good times will come to you again. We are all being refined daily.

Lizzy, the soup is perfect for a cold blustery day!

Margaret, missed you too! But I am glad you get some tonight :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

This is such a wonderful recipe!

Catherine said...

Hey, that sounds really good, Staci; I wish I were at your house to have a sample! My favorite is African Peanut Soup right now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails