Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Mom's Apple Crisp

This apple crisp recipe is great for potlucks or family gatherings! It fills up a 9x13 pan.


Mom's Apple Crisp

8 peeled, sliced apples
1 1/2 cups of sugar (I use sucanat)
6 TBS flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 nutmeg
1 1/2 cups of boiling water.

Put apples in greased 9x13 baking dish. Mix above ingredients and sprinkle over apples. Pour boiling water over apples.

For Topping Mix, combine...

1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/2 cups of packed brown sugar (or sucanat)
1 cup butter, melted
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
(my mom likes to add a cup of sliced almonds to the topping mix)

Place Topping Mix on top of apples. Bake at 350 degrees 40-50 minutes or until crispy on top.

I also like to exchange about half of the flour to whole wheat pastry flour. It doesn't change the texture, but it gives you more whole grains.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

This is my go-to fruit crisp recipe. It works for any fruit. Love it! Thanks for sharing it with me all those years ago :)

aimee said...

Thank you for sharing this recipe Stacie--I LOVE apple crisps! Hope you are enjoying a blessed Advent/Christmas season:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Camille said...

Yummy...I *love* apple crisp desserts....SO good! I trust you have had a lovely Christmas my friend. May the Lord bless you all as you embark on a New Year together. HE is Faithful. Much Love, Camille

Related Posts with Thumbnails