Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Update

 Been a busy summer. I am so enjoying having my children home. I will miss them so much when they go back to school. I plan on helping out quite a bit more in the classroom, if my schedule allows it. 
 We were able to go visit our favorite pioneer cemetery. Here is Jacob trimming the weeds from the grave of two children who died in the late 1800's.
 Here is Miss Lily in her favorite sundress.
 Jessica decided to give her brother and sister a makeover! Oh my!!! Didn't know how much eyebrows can really change your look!

Steve with her kids on Father's Day.

We decided to put our house back up on the market. We want to move closer to our school and church. We are waiting to see what God is going to do. An offer has been accepted on a house we liked, but it is contingent on the sale of our home. Anything can happen, we just want to be in God's Will. Please pray for us!

I just found out my 91 year old grandpa has extensive cancer. He doesn't have long to live. Please pray his passing would be as peaceful as possible. He knows where he is going and he is looking forward to seeing his brothers, sisters, wife, and two sons. It is wonderful to grieve, but with hope.

I hope you all have a blessed summer. I think I'm going to take a break from blogging. Don't know how long, the Lord will let me know. Blessings!

9 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

Oh Stacie! It's so good to see your smiling face and all the pictures. That's exciting about the house...praying He leads clearly and keeps your heart content. I'm so sad to hear about your grandfather, and yet what a blessing to grieve with hope. And LOVE the eyebrow pics!!! That's so fun! Jess and Sister would be bffs! Enjoy your blogging break. Love you!

Becky L. said...

Glad you had a good summer with the children. It tends to get busy this time of year. Loved all the photos of the adorable children! Hugs to all and prayers for your grandpa and sale of your house. We were concerned with Phil's dad as he was in hospital again. Not great health but he wants to go fishing in Canada in a few weeks, one more time. Prayer for him as well. I enjoy reading your blogs, it does take time to do it. Keep in touch! Luv ya!

RaD said...

LOL! I think you mean Steve with "his" kids. :)

I understand the need for a blog break, I took one myself for a bit and only blog once and a while now.

I loved that your update included many smiling children along with you and your hubby.

aimee said...

I'm sorry about your grandpa--I will include him in my prayers tonight and also about your house. It is very hard to lose someone you care about that has been part of your life, but it is also a blessing to KNOW--without doubt--that they are with God!
Rest well Stacie--take time to enjoy your cute kids and get some rest:)
Blessings + thank you for sharing your life with us,
Aimee

Jenn Bowers said...

Thanks for the update! I'm praying for you and your family.

Camille said...

Your photos are beautiful my friend. I think it's so sweet that you tend that old set of graves for the children from the 1800's. It would bless their parents that you are doing that. We often think along the lines of one or two hundred years from now...who will read our son's grave marker? It's an incredible thought, really. May the LORD bless you all as you follow HIM wherever He leads. I know HE will have your home sell and keep the other one for you if that is what is best. Isn't it wonderful to rest in that knowledge. Whatever HE does is Good! Love to you! Camille

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Camille, your words are precious to me. I always envision two parents, standing over the children's graves, weeping over the loss of two children in two years. It astounds me, and I feel like I need to honor their loss by taking care of their children the only way I know how. I would want someone to do that for me. Gone, but not forgotten. Oh how your sweet heart must ache sometimes for Austin. I am praying for you my friend.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Nice eyebrows!

Marie said...

Glad you enjoyed summer.I agree with Camille, you are sweet to tend the graves of the children, only someone with a pure heart would do that.
I'm praying for your grandpa.

Related Posts with Thumbnails