Monday, July 1, 2013

Rustic Vacation Part 1

 We were so blessed to be able to go up to a cabin on the edge of the woods. Each year we go, the more memories are made. My sister and I saw this old one-room school house and I got this shot of the teasel in front of the siding. Loved it!
 Nana got the kids each a fake mustache to wear around. It was so funny, because she even gave them to the girls. This one is my favorite because Jacob looks like his dad.
Papa enjoyed sitting on the porch, drinking his coffee.
I love some of the rustic touches of this place. Antlers are everywhere in this cabin! It is a definitely a man-cabin. Hasn't had a thorough cleaning in awhile. I prefer the tent. I KNOW what is in my tent!
A new activity this year was trapping crawdads. Josiah (my nephew) brought a crawdad trap. I think they caught up to eight of them! My kids had never seen one, so Josiah had to give them a lesson on holding them so they wouldn't get pinched.
My brother, Jerry and sis-in-law, Sonya, brought up their two little ones. It is so fun having all the cousins together! My brother rocks at putting up and tearing down my tent! It was pouring down rain when we got there, so we had to put it up fast this time.
Jackie (my twin), gave me some lessons with my camera. We have the same one, but she is way more into photography than me. I loved having the time to play around with some of the farm equipment that has been left to rot.
The first day was very raining. We had mud everywhere, which can be kind of fun when you have a four-wheeler! There are so many beautiful places to ride. I am in the process of thawing out my frozen shoulder, so I only took one really good, long ride. I was sooooo sore the next day, but it was worth it! I love riding four-wheelers, especially in pretty country.

3 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

LOVE that first picture! I think yours turned out better than mine. The kids had a ball playing with all their cousins. We are so blessed to be able to do this!!! Loved that we got to have so much sister time, too.

aimee said...

What a gorgeous area Stacie! I LOVE one room schoolhouses; my grandma taught in one in the Dakotas.
Glad you and your sis had a good time!
Blessings,
Aimee

Camille said...

I enjoy seeing you and Jackie post about the same things from different angles my friend. What a blessing from the LORD that you were able to take this time away together. God is Good. Love you! Camille

Related Posts with Thumbnails