Saturday, June 22, 2013

One Busy Spring!

I downloaded some of my pictures from my phone. I thought I would share a few photos from spring.
 Miss Lily learned how to swing on her own! It is so nice to not have to stand there and push her. I love watching her be a big girl!
 We have had lots of time out at the ranch lately. Here we are chucking rocks on a newly plowed hay field. I managed to get all six kids in this one!
 Josh and Marcus each got a bum calf this year. They named them Fred and Sally. They are so cute!
 I took our little friend Sonja to ride four wheelers. She did a good job keeping up with Josh! Did great for her first time.
 Here they are in the old abandoned house.
 We were having a grand time at Easter until Marcus twisted his leg while riding the four wheel and popped his ACL off. I took him the ER and we found out it was a pretty serious break.
 Here is his second splint.
 Four days later he had surgery to repair the ACL. It was a pretty big deal. He is doing well now and is in the throes of physical therapy.
 The day after Easter my Grandpa Fay  who is over 90 years old got into an accident with his team of horses and wagon. He suffered terrible injuries. A broken neck, three vertebreas in his back, six broken ribs and the worst road rash I have ever seen. Four days later he was sent home to recover. He is doing wonderful and just got out of his braces. We thought we were going to lose him, but he is a tough old bird and pulled out of it.
 Mother's Day was wonderful. I was spoiled rotten by all six kids! Josh gave me this beautiful can of flowers. He is getting so tall. He finally caught up with me and now he is officially taller than his dad.
 Lily was old enough this year to appreciate the beautiful spring flowers.
We spent Father's Day out at the ranch as well. We took a beautiful walk to the top of one of the fields. Mount Hood is behind Steve's head. I managed to get all of the kids around Steve for a quick picture.

Ahhhh, life is good. There are hard times and good times. I am learning to go with the flow and hold my plans loosely.

5 comments:

RaD said...

Ahhhh... how times does fly doesn't it. My eleven year old is catching me quickly and I suspect he will pass me up this year. His feet are now bigger than mine!

Wonderful pics, I like the happiness surrounding this post even with the tough times mixed in.

Becky L. said...

Great update in photos of what you are all doing. Your children sure are growing and it's been fun watching them grow in more ways than one. I remember when Justin got my height and taller. I told him I was still mom and loved him so much...still do! Hugs and prayers!

Wanting What I Have said...

Oh Stacie!!! Y'all have had so much craziness!!! So thankful Marcus is alright and that your grandfather is recovering! Love all the pics of the kids and looks like you had a great Mother's Day!! Tell those precious kids we said, "hello!"

aimee said...

Good photos Stacie and good, also, to hear that you are all doing well in spite of challenges!
I think I'd want to explore the abandoned home too:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Glad you were able to do a catch up post. Love you and can't wait to spend some time with you again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails