Monday, April 29, 2013

For Every Season There is a Time... Part 1


I was blessed this weekend to be able to go see Beth Moore at a "Living Proof Live" event. Although I've been doing Beth Moore studies for probably around 10 years, it is exciting to see her in person. I feel like she is my personal Bible teacher and God has used her approach to studying Scripture to bring so much repairing and healing into my life. Her enthusiasm is contagious! She loves God so much and is passionate about getting women to study it and get excited about what God is doing in and through their lives.

I'm going to type up the mess of notes I made during the event. I've decided it is too much information for one post, so I will be breaking it up into three parts. I hope to be able to convey her main points and how I personally applied it to my life. My prayer is that you will find something in here that will jump off the page and God would speak to you as well. So here we go!

1. "Snap out of it, be alert and start believing!" This was an amazing Word God gave Travis, her worship leader. God used it to set the tone and helped me realize that I had stopped believing God in some areas of our situation.

2. The main theme was "time". She explained that in the Bible "time" doesn't go, "time" comes. "But when the time has fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons."-Galatians 4:4. This was truly a new concept as I feel like I am constantly losing time. I'm losing time with my children. I am losing time as I look in the mirror and see wrinkles and a few grey hairs! Time seems like it is going, but it is actually coming! We are not on a countdown, we are on a count up. What makes all the difference is that we are not running out of time, we are running toward something coming! That something that is coming is Jesus! 1 Peter 1:7 says , "These have come so that your faith-of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire-may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."

3. She made the point that to exist in this world, we grapple with time. God has set eternity in our hearts. She did this amazing history lesson of how time was measured from the ancient times until now. It is amazing to see how as we approach the coming of Christ, the more obsessed people have become over time and time management. We feel like the clock is ticking and the sand is running out.

4. She landed on our main text which was Ecclesiastes 3:1-11. It is super-familiar to most of us who have been studying the Word of God, but I have never heard a lesson on it. As we read through this list, I want us to think about what "time" you might be in right now. There are 48 "times" or "seasons" to choose from!

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love a and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

I asked God to show me what season I was in right now. I felt like I was in three of these seasons, the first being , "A time to tear down and a time to build" (God allowed our family to be torn down to it's very foundation and is now building it back up His way and in His time).

"A time to weep and a time to laugh" (I am able to laugh again. I can laugh at the enemy knowing what "he meant for evil, turned into good. His plans to destroy our family and our children backfired so badly when we chose to follow God through the process of obedience, forgiveness and healing)

"A time to mourn and a time to dance" (as I learned to worship when our devastation first happened, I questioned every word I sang. Did I really believe it? Is God faithful? Is He good? The songs about ripped my heart out but even when I couldn't sing them because my heart was broken, in faith I sang them in my heart. I mourned and grieved. I questioned and railed. It helped me get to a deeper place of healing. Today, I can truly dance with joy before my Lord. I can praise Him for what He has done. It still hurts and things aren't resolved or completed (not by a long shot) but through His abundant provision and protection He has shown Himself to be faithful and good. I feel closer to God then I did before this happened. He honors my praises and loves to see His child dancing with joy after a season of grief.

For Part 2, click here

For Part 3, click here


-

4 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Amazing, Stace! You wrote that so well, I felt like I was there with you! I'm so glad the Holy Spirit moved in your heart and gave you the Word you were needing. As your sister, I can attest to the fact that every word you have written in this post is true. You are changed through this trial, and it is a good change.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Thanks, Jackie. That means so much! I am glad you felt like you were there too. It was hard to figure out how to write it and still have it make sense! It was 4 hours of lecture condensed into a few notes...

Rachel and Family said...

What wonderful post Stacie. Thank you for it.
I wonder if I'm in ADHD time..lol!
And the part about "choosing" the time. I always read that Scripture and thought, in a sense, that we have no control over what season we're in. I can read that Scripture a little differently now, about also have some say in my season :) You, Stacie, are an example of "pressed on all sides, but not crushed". xoxoxo

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

You did a great job condensing this, Stace.

Related Posts with Thumbnails