Monday, February 11, 2013

Freedom From Fear

"Come to Me for rest and refreshment. The journey has been too much for you, and you are bone-weary. Do not be ashamed of your exhaustion. Instead, see it as an opportunity for Me to take charge of your life.
Remember that I can fit everything into a pattern for good, including the things you wish were different. Start with where you are at this point in time and space accepting that this where I intend you to be.
You will get through today one step, one moment at a time. Your main responsibility is to remain attentive to Me, letting Me guide you through the many choices along your pathway." -Taken from the devotion, "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young


God, I pray you will continue to heal my heart. Help me to slow down enough to be attentive to the work you are doing in my life. You are taking away so much stress and worry from my day. It feels so strange to not be anxious all the time. I am afraid it won't last. I fear something bad will happen again. God, take away my fears and help me REST IN THE FACT you are blessing me with peace, joy, love, hope, and faith as you are teaching me how to live without the every-present fear of what might happen next.

"Seek first the kingdom of wealth, and you'll worry over every dollar. Seek first the kingdom of health, and you'll sweat every blemish and bump. Seek first the kingdome of popularity, and you'll relive every conflict. Seek first the kingdom of safety, and you'll jump at every crack of the twig. But seek first His kingdom, and you will find it. On that, we can depend and never worry."- Max Lucado

You are good and what You do is good. Steady my heart. Make me into the person You want me to me.

Here is a link to the song I sang on Sunday called "Steady My Heart" by Kari Jobe.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I knew from the moment I started reading this that is was from Jesus Calling. I have read that particular days entry over and over and over. What truth are in those words!

LOVED the photos of your family!

Camille said...

Beautiful post my friend. May the LORD bless you continually with HIS peace. It truly is a wonderful thing to belong to HIM!!

Love,
Camille

P.S. I have so enjoyed all these lovely photos of your family! They are beautiful. :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Love that song! You're doing a great job. I'm so glad God is giving you this time to rest from all the drama. Great post, Stace :)

aimee said...

Amen, Stacie, amen! This post speaks loudly to me...
Blessings, Aimee
PS: The photos are wonderful :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails