Friday, February 15, 2013

Focaccia Bread For Bread Machine

I made the most amazingly fragrant bread the other day. I thought I would share it with you. I always use my dough cycle on my bread machine and then take the dough and put it in whatever shape or loaf pan that I want.


Ingredients:
1 cup of lukewarm water
2 TBS olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 TBS chopped fresh rosemary
3 cups of bread flour
1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
2 tsp any kind of sweetener ( I used evaporated cane juice)

Directions:
1. Place all ingredients in bread pan, select dough cycle, press start

2. Remove dough from bread machine when cycle is complete. Pat dough into a 9x13 baking pan or a pizza pan. Brush with olive oil, add a bit more chopped rosemary and Parmesean cheese.

3. Let rise till doubled, (about 1/2 hour) in a warm place. I cover it to make it go faster.

4. Bake at 400 degrees, 20-25 minutes

The smell of this baking is absolute TORTURE!!!

5 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Oh, man I can practically smell that through the screen! You have to make me some the next time we are together. I miss you soooo much! I hate that we haven't seen each other since the fall. I need a twin-fix!

aimee said...

I LOVE focaccia bread but have never thought of using my bread machine to prep it.
Thanks for the suggestion:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Fire Wife Katie said...

Mmmmm, I can smell it now!! Looks wonderful!!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

We lost our bread machine in the move, but I can still use my heavy duty KitchenAid mixer!
I love focaccia.....and it is so versatile with the seasonings. Bread goes with everything, right?
Right!

Amy said...

MMMMmmmm Does this sound good. I need to get my bread machine out. It is hiding in the bedroom closet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails