Thursday, February 28, 2013

Blueberry Orange Sweet Rolls


I first start with my basic sweet dough recipe that I use for cinnamon rolls. I put it in the bread machine and choose the dough cycle. Takes about 1 1/2 hours.


I also like to play with it to make it a bit more healthy. I use raw sugar or honey instead of white sugar, or I replace some of the white flour with some whole wheat pastry flour. I just don't want to compromise the taste or the texture.

For the filling I used:

1/4 cup of melted butter
3/4 cup raw sugar mixed with 2 TBS of orange zest (I peeled an orange and threw it in my food processor till it was "zested".

Roll out dough onto a flour surface. Make it into a nice thin rectangle. Spread melted butter, sugar mixture and then top evenly with frozen or fresh blueberries. Roll up lengthwise and pinch seam. Slice into 1 inch rolls and place in a greased pan. Bake for 23 minutes at 350 degrees.

While baked rolls are warm, drizzle with zesty orange glaze:

1 whole orange juiced,
2 TBS of orange zest
1 1/2-2 cups of powdered sugar
1/2 milk
a dash of salt


1 comment:

aimee said...

Please forgive the lateness of this comment...I absolutely love (and I do mean love) orange rolls, but have always bought them. Your recipe sounds incredible and easy! Thanks :-)
Blessings, Aimee

Related Posts with Thumbnails