Monday, December 31, 2012

Our Christmas 2012

 A couple days before Christmas I begged Steve to make sugar cookies with the kids. I have little patience for this kind of tedium. Thought it might be a better experience if they did it with Dad. They had a good time!
 Watch out, Andrew has the rolling pin!
 I was proud of myself. After Steve went on a call back, it was time to frost the cookies. I let them do it completely by themselves and tried not to stress out about it. They surprised me and did a very good job!
 We were able to have a wonderful Christmas with my parents at their ranch! The kids had so much fun opening their presents together and feasting on Nana's goodies.
 We bought Josh a cowboy hat and he was very surprised! 
 It is always fun trying to get a good family picture. 

 Snowball fights and sledding!
Christmas morning was full of Legos, Legos and more Legos! It was very mellow. Steve's folks headed home Christmas Eve because of the weather. Steve had to work in the morning, so it was just the kids and I. We decided to head the the fire station for dinner at 4:00. They kept having calls, so the turkey kept getting shut off. We ended up eating 2 and a half hours late! It was nice to be able to be with Steve though on Christmas.

We thank God for the miracles He has done this past year. Even though it seems slow, He is slowly piecing our family back together. God is faithful and we will continue to trust in Him.

Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I cannot even begin to count the number of families whose hearts were broken in 2012....I am looking forward to a year of new beginnings!

Amy said...

Happy New Year, my friend. I hope that 2013 is a wonderful year.

I can't believe how much your kids have grown. It is something, isn't it?

God Bless.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Those pictures at the ranch of your family back together are so precious. Just wish we could have been there, too. I love you and pray that 2013 will be a year of restoration for the whole family. Happy New Year!

Camille said...

I have to chuckle at how *in tune* you and Jackie are to one another! She did her *recap of Christmas* post today too. :) What a blessing you were able to go and spend time with your hubby on Christmas Day...I am sure that meant so much to him! May the LORD bless you all this coming year. Happy 2013!!

Love,
Camille

Grandma Becky said...

Glad you had a good Christmas and a nice family photo as well. And time to eat with Steve even tho it was hours late! Happy New Year!

Jenn said...

Amen for that piecing together! So glad you had a good Christmas. Lots of love to you and your family! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails