Thursday, December 20, 2012

Jen's Meat Loaf

Love my Kitchen Aid!


 
This meat loaf is has amazing flavor and the smell is to die for as you cook it. Jen made this for me when I had surgery and our family loved it!

2 lbs of hamburger/ turkey burger (whatever burger you want to use)
3 eggs
½ cup of seasoned bread crumbs
2-3 TBS of ketchup
2 tsps of prepared mustard
Salt and pepper
1 to 2 tsp of fresh or dried basil (I use my frozen pesto cubes)
1 tsp of fresh or dried thyme
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder or onion flakes
½ cup of grated Parmesan
Mix it all together in a Kitchen Aid (do not over mix). It should smell extremely fragrant!
Cook at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes or until done.

Topping:

1 ½ cups of ketchup
1 to 2 TBS of Worcester sauce
2 TBS of brown sugar or sucanat
Mix together and cover meat loaf for the last five minutes of cooking.


Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

4 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Oh, I remember that meat loaf! Thanks for posting the recipe. Josiah is a huge meatloaf fan and I'm going to try this for sure. Love you and hope you have a great day!

Rachel and Family said...

Your table is looking worn. You get so much good use out of it :). I'm going to try that meatloaf recipe. I can't ever seem to make a good one twice in a row.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

There is no point in redoing the table while the kids are little. I will just stress out when someone takes a permanant marker or scratches it. It keeps me sane. When company comes we throw a table cloth over it!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm making this tonight!

Related Posts with Thumbnails