Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 2012 Update

This post is going to be a menagerie of different things. I can't believe how fast December has gone by! Here is Lily and I posing in front of our new FAKE Christmas tree! Yes, I bit the bullet and got a fake one. I had such heavy ornaments, they kept slipping off the real trees. No more vaccumming up dead needles!
My favorite thing to do with the kids is to keep our focus on Jesus. We do our advent tree every year.
Lily has to help with everything. I turned around and she must have been watching how I wrapped presents. She did this fold all by herself. It was perfect! Marcus and I were stunned when we saw it. She is one smart cookie!
Here is Lily getting all the needles vaccummed up from the last tree. I have more time to train her now that the kids are in school.
The past few weeks have been full of basketball. Jess is playing this year and it has been fun watching her develop her skills. She is a real team player and a joy to watch! She is the farthest girl in yellow. Sportsmanship is very important to Steve and I. It has been very good for her.
Yummy! My tradition is to make my family and friends my lemon almond biscotti. I spoiled them this year and drizzled white chocolate and toasted almonds on it. Hope they like it!
Mom came to watch Jess play basketball but got stuck because of the weather. I convinced to stay the night and we ended up playing at least 4 or 5 games of Scrabble. It was so fun!
Jacob, Lily and Steve. Lily wanted curlers in her hair. In the morning all but two were left :(
I had more energy this month than I have in awhile. I just wanted to get outside and enjoy any sunshine that was offered. We went for walks...
and played at the park!
We have had our fair share of sore throats and when I saw my friend, Dorene post this on FB, I just had to try it. Sliced lemons, grated ginger and honey. Stick in the fridge and pour it in your tea. It works!!!
My sister spoiled us and gave us this Jesse Tree for Christmas. It is another advent tree but the rocks are hand-painted and have the verse painted on the back. They are beautiful and even have some of the minor prophets as readings. I had been wanting one for a couple of years and I love mine!
Well, we don't have to paint over this right away. Maybe a few more birthdays will go by before we do.
We have decided to take our house off the market. The only house that was available sold, so we will wait to try to sell again once another one comes available. Hoping for spring or summer. We are trusting that God will move us out there when He wants us to.
In the meantime, I don't have to keep my house looking like a museum! I can let my kids be kids. A house with a large family living in it should not look like this!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. I am going to try to be more faithful about blogging. It gives me great pleasure to encourage others and to share our lives with you. We will keep learning and growing together!

6 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so glad you guys are liking the Jesse Tree.

Your fake tree looks good from here, LOL!

I'm glad you were able to post an update. Tell Lily great job on her wrapping!

Love you all and miss you terribly.

Jackie

Grandma Becky said...

We've had fake trees for years since real ones bother our allergies. I bought a new one after Christmas last year and it has lights already on it! I made speckled biscotti yesterday. First I've ever made. Yummy! Half of it is for our son and wife=part of a gift for them.
Not sure what a Jesse tree is. Will look it up.
Hugs and Merry Christmas.

Farmgirl Cyn said...

A merry, merry Christmas to you, dear Stacie!

Jenn said...

Your fake tree looks great. We went with a fake one a while back. The only thing I miss is the great pine smell! Have a Merry Christmas, friend!

Ma said...

Merry Christmas Stacie!

Anonymous said...

Was fun seeing your Christmas. Your family is so sweet!

May your new year be blessed as you continue to seek the Lord with all your heart.

By the way, the house next door to me is for sale, but you'd kinda' have to move to Seattle....but the fire station is really close...to our house....:)

mommamindy.wordpress.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails