Thursday, September 27, 2012

Not For A Moment


When reading about the Israelites and their lack of faithfulness, I would just be astounded. I would think, "How could you be so stupid? You walked through a sea that was parted. You witnessed miracle after miracle. How could you forget within days?"

Yesterday, I was so convicted. I am just like them. I have seen the miracles, yet within days, I am cast down and despairing. Why do I forget so easily? Why do humans have such a short memory? Why do we dwell on the negative and not the positive?

I confessed my sin and asked God to cleanse me yet once again. I asked Him to fill me with the Holy Spirit. In turn I was filled with hope, peace and patience that could only come from Him.

I am Peter. I want to walk on the water toward Jesus. I want to witness the miracle. Even as the miracle is taking place, I grow afraid and take my eyes off of Him and onto my circumstances. I begin to sink. Sometimes I don't even realize I am sinking until the feeling of drowning in grief and disappointment is heavy upon me. Then Jesus reaches out His strong and capable hand and He lifts me up again.

I am walking beside Him again and it feels good. I will remember the 1,300 plus blessings that are written in my journal. I will go back and read them and change my attitude. My God will not forsake me and my family.

This song came on the radio after I surrendered it all back to Him. Powerful! I think I might just have to sing this song at church.

Not For a Moment

7 comments:

Rachel and Family said...

Written just for me I'm sure :) Thank you. xoxoxo

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Wow! Very powerful song. You have to sing this at church! I love you and I'm glad you are back on track. Your grief and frustration is understandable, but I'm glad you don't allow yourself to stay there. God is so good and so sovereign!

Ma said...

We do have horribly short memories (of the good things).

Wonderful encouragement Stacie!

Anonymous said...

I also am like Peter.

But, remember, after his denial he was told to "strengthen the brethren."

We will fall, how we use the failings and fallings for the Lord's glory is what counts.

mommamindy.wordpress.com
mommamindyprairieprimer.wordpress.com

Camille said...

Indeed, our God is GREAT and MIGHTY and we have nothing to fear when we are IN HIM!! How blessed we are to call HIM Father! Thank you for sharing your heart my friend.

In HIS Love,
Camille

Wanting What I Have said...

Sweet friend...You are precious. Keeping our eyes fixed is awfully hard...and His grace is sufficient. Keep running the race set before you. I once heard someone say that the problem with being a living sacrifice is that we keep jumping off the altar. Hang in there. Love you!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

This is one of my favorite devotions you've ever written. Thanks for reposting it! Love ya, Sis!

Related Posts with Thumbnails