Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hailey's "Little House On The Prairie" Party

 For my niece's fifth birthday, she asked if she could have a" Little House on the Prairie" party. My sister, Jackie, is all for themed parties. She is one of those mom's who loves to incorporate these things into her homeschool. She started reading all the Little House of the Prairie books to her kids and they came up with a bunch of fun ideas!
 Miss Lily Pie in a pretty pink frock. 
 The older girls had ringlets in their hair. They called them "Nellie" curls. Notice Ma's checked table cloth in the background.
 Jackie and I were thrilled when we put together these beautiful vases of fresh flowers. I thought the sunflower was the perfect touch.
 Remember when Laura and Mary made button necklaces for Carrie? We set up some craft stations, one of them was button bracelets. Jacob is putting his together.
 Jessica is putting together her paper patchwork. Jackie took everyone's patchwork square and turned it into a small quilt that Hailey could hang on her wall.
 Andrew was pretending to be Almonzo. Here he is grinding coffee beans with his Uncle Michael.
And the highlight of the party was when the pig's bladder was revealed! Yes, you read that right. In the book, after pig butchering time, they blew up the pig's bladder and kicked it around. Oh, you should have seen the commotion as my nephew, Josiah, started chasing the older girls around with it. You could hear the screams for miles!

What a fun day we had. Lots of memories made. So far Jackie and I have put on a WWII party, Civil War party, Revolutionary War party, German party, and a Samoan Luau. The next party she does  will be a WWI party for Josiah. I won't be able to make it but I can't wait to see the pictures.

9 comments:

Ma said...

What a cute idea.

Wanting What I Have said...

I absolutely cannot WAIT to show this to SISTER. She is going to DIE when she reads about the pig's bladder!!! We still talk about reading that. Wow. My hat is off to you ladies. We threw Sister a Little House party a few years ago - it was no where near as authentic. Y'all are AMAZING!!!! Everything and everyone was super cute. Way to go!

Kristin Bridgman said...

I loved those books when I was growning up. You guys are awesome mothers!!! What a great party. I think you all should go into the party business.
And I want to know. . .did you actually have a pig's bladder? And if so, where did you get it? Or was it something else? :)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Oh yes, it was an actual pig's bladder. Jackie hounded their local butcher for a month to get it. He kept forgetting (I'm sure it was an unusual request). Michael blew it up with his air compressor. We tried to convince him to use his mouth. It was a no go! LOL!

374's Wife said...

This is seriously the sweetest thing ever! What a great party!! Love the littles in their dresses!!!

Kids Activities and Tips 4 Everyday said...

Hi Stacie,
Im trying to add your button to my page but its saying photo bucket no longer has it available, I am copying and pasting directly in, do you know why this could be happening? Thank you so much. And I love your blog, I really look forward to reading it.
Kate

Camille said...

So much fun! :)

Love,
Camille

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Kate, I'm not sure why it is doing that. I also don't know how to fix it. Maybe you could just put me on your blog list?

Someone helped me with it a long time ago. If anyone can tell me how to fix my blog button pic, please let me know.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I think you must have hit extra large on your pictures because almost everything was cut off to where you can't see what the kids are doing.

Thank you so much for coming to the party and for all your help! I think it was the most fun we've ever had. I'm so bummed you can't make it for the WWI party. I have so many good ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails