Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Annual Family Camp at Heppner

 I can't tell you how much I look forward to going up to the cabin in Heppner to spend some quality time with my family. My sis and her fam, my parents (Dad and Diana), Uncle Kenny and Aunt Terri, and my brother and SIL, Jerry and Sonya with their two kiddos. It is so fun! We just relaxed, visited and watched the kids play and get absolutely filthy!
 I was hoping to get a picture of how dirty Lily's face was. She had never been camping before. She had marshmallow and dirt from head to toe!
 Jacob's feet in the morning.
 Andrew's feet in the morning. Yes they slept in their sleeping bags like that, and guess what? I didn't care!!! I really tried to relax about the dirt this time. Children really do clean, and so do sleeping bags.
 The men in the family help me set up my monstrous tent. (Hubby doesn't like to come because there is no running water).
Pick your four-wheeler (this is just a few of them). This time we even had a go-cart. It was a blast!!! There are so many amazingly beautiful places to ride on this 5,000 acre ranch.
Andrew and Hank are hanging out on the porch, avoiding the storm. It was great weather until Saturday. We  had a storm blow in. But when you are four-wheeling, it helps keep the dust down. We actually didn't get much riding in this time, instead the men were busy putting up a propane shower. AWESOME!!! Thanks guys!!!

As I was driving home, the Lord reminded me how incredibly blessed I am. I have a family who can spend three days together and there are no fights, back-biting, or hard feelings. God is truly the center of our family. I am so grateful because I know that is not a common thing.

7 comments:

Rachel and Family said...

Yes you do have a WONDERFUL family!! Glad you had such a good time. I loved seeing pics of the kiddo's. We just spent 6 days tent camping in 100 plus degree weather. It was HOT and filthy! But SO good! Someday we'll camp with the Browns!! Loved our trip to the Redwoods. Where can we go next???? xoxoxo

Jill said...

Looks like a great time!! Kids that get a little dirty are just enjoying the beauty of God's gift of nature, and you are right it will wash ;-)
Enjoy!

blessings,
Jill

374's Wife said...

We just recently went camping as a family too! Such a fun time with the kids. Great pictures!

I have nominated you for an award, come check out the details on my blog!

Grandma Becky said...

Sounds like a fun time with family. Oh dirt doesn't hurt much. Not been camping for a long time. We do motels now. Thanks for sharing and hugs to ya!

Catherine said...

Your are truly blessed in so many ways!

my diary said...

nice post thanks for sharing i found you thrue other followers looking for to visit more blessings across the miles

Camille said...

SO wonderful Stacie! What a blessing. (Yes, even the dirt...LOL!)

Love,
Camille

Related Posts with Thumbnails