Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Safe Journey


 "He rescues you from hidden traps, shields you from deadly hazards. His huge outstretched arms protect you-under them you're perfectly safe; his arms fend off all harm. fear nothing-not wild wolves in the night, not flying arrows in the day, not disease that prowls through the darkness, not disaster that erupts at high noon...'If you'll hold on to me for dear life,' says God, 'I'll get you out of any trouble. I'll give you the best of care if you'll only get to know and trust me. Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times.'"- Psalm 91:3-6, 14 (The Message)

"God has not promised us an easy journey, but He has promised us a safe journey." -William C. Miller

From my journal...

Oh God, I am counting on You to give me a safe journey. You are my pilot, my Shepherd, my life, and my very  breath. You keep me under Your mighty wings. You know the traps my enemies have set before me and all around me. Help me to be wise and discerning. Help me to stay behind You so You can lead me to safety.

You alone, keep me from all harm. You won't let my foot slip so that I fall off of some hidden cliff that I might not have seen. 

"I place no hope in my strength...but all my confidence is in God my protector, who never abandons those who have put all their hope and thought in Him." -Francois Rabelais
Jessica took these pictures of my tulips when they were in bloom. They show the wonder of God's creation, even to the tiny bits of pollen that the bees knock off when they visit.

7 comments:

Connie said...

Excellent thoughts from God's Word. He repeats that theme a lot - He must knew we would have trouble trusting completely in Him.

I think we want answers NOW. He did not say we would have answers when we wanted hem.

374's Wife said...

I really enjoyed the William C. Miller quote. Beautiful picture and beautiful post. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! <3

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Like you, I am leaning on Him. There is none other...

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Even though you are still in the midst of trials and frustrations, I'm so glad you know without a doubt that God is totally Sovereign. I know He is just stamping this in your mind so that you will never forget it and that assurance is going to help others who come into contact with you. Love you beyond words, Sis!

Tina said...

Wonderful post. Your heart as Jesus is shaping it is simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us.

Catherine said...

You are one smart cookie, Stacie...to KNOW from whence your Strength comes! Great pics too!!!

Kristin Bridgman said...

SO thankful that we have this Shepherd to keep us under His wings!
Thank you for coming to my place. Praying for you and your family!

Related Posts with Thumbnails