Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Refresh

 Steve and I felt like we needed to get away on a vacation and focus on making some good memories with the kids. We went to the beach and had a wonderful, relaxing time. We all got to do something that we wanted to do. We bought shovels and sand buckets for all of them (a small fortune was spent) and they had so much fun digging around.
 They seemed to want to spend most of the time in the pool. It was outdoor, so was I ever grateful that the sun was shining most of the time.
 My favorite thing to do is to go by myself and watch the beautiful sunset over the crashing waves. God and I had some serious talks and I felt hope for our future.
 Jacob enjoyed writing his name in the sand.
I tried to get a good picture of Steve, but of course he had to be a goofball. That is Haystack Rock behind us.

 Steve had the camera on the wrong setting, so we all pretty much look sunburned. But it was the only picture I had of the kids and I.
Here Steve is with them. It was strange to not have our oldest with us. We reminisced a lot about what he would be doing if he were here with us. We tried to make it positive, but nevertheless, it was hard going on a  family vacation without him. I continue to hope for a change in our situation. We just have no idea as to the timing of it. I am learning to wait, to persevere and to keep moving forward the best we can.

If you have been through a crisis recently, or if you are still going through one, take time to refresh yourself. I think I spent most of that time sitting there watching the kids play in the pool with my Bible open or writing in my journal. 

We must rest if we are to fight again.

11 comments:

Rachel and Family said...

Looks like a wonderful time. They are all looking so much older! Marcus looks so grown up without Josh by his side. Glad you could get away.
xoxo

Wanting What I Have said...

Reading this gave me chills. I am so happy y'all got some time away and I can't imagine the empty hole that was there without Josh. Still praying for you, dear friend. xoxo

Connie said...

That is good advice - rest if we are to fight again. So glad you had a wonderful time - that is a fun area and the jackets prove once again how cold that ocean air can be!

Camille said...

So happy that you got to have that special time away Stacie. So sorry that you were missing Josh in the mix. The LORD is in the hard times, as you well know...and HE will continue to give the grace. Praying for you....

Love,
Camille

Grandma Becky said...

So glad you were able to get away and have fun as a family and relax away from home! Continuing to pray for complete healing of your family and maybe Josh can be with you again. One never knows. waiting on God is hard but He knows it all. Am sure it's hard to be without Josh but you remember him anyway wherever you are. Hugs and love to ya all! Loved the photos!

Catherine said...

And, quite frankly, we fight too much. We need to let God step up. I think we might get in His way too often, Stacie! Nevertheless, we DO need to be refreshed regularly. It looks like you did a good job.

Thomasfoote said...

This is realy very nice article.Good advice!! Love the Photos!.If you want to get any information regarding Firefighter Interview Questions,then visit on.
Firefighter Interview Questions

Tina said...

So glad you were able to get some rest. I've been praying for you and your family. (You'd never know it from lack of comments on my part.) ;)
But wanted you to know that you have many sisters in Christ coming beside you lifting you up you our Daddy! :)
Love your posts. Thank you so much for sharing with us. :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so glad you were able to go! I hate it went the camera gets on the wrong setting. Missing my camera, don't forget to bring it up with along with the memory stick! Can't wait to see you all!

Lisa said...

Our crisis continues, Stacey, but we are trusting Him for the outcome (Eph. 3:20). Refreshing sounds so wonderful right now, but we can't do it anytime soon. Thanks for sharing this.
Lisa

OurLilFullFam said...

What a good idea to get a little break for you guys. I am sure it was very hard being without him. I am still praying for you guys!

I love walking the ocean and praying to God as I watch the sun as it rises or sets. Such a breath-taking view of what He has made!

Stephanie

Related Posts with Thumbnails