Thursday, June 14, 2012

Joy Cometh!


Our hearts were made for joy. Our hearts were made to enjoy the One who created them. Too deeply planted to be much affected by the ups and downs of life, this joy is a knowing and a being known by our Creator. He sets our hearts alight with radiant joy. "Though weeping may endure the night, joy cometh in the morning". 

From my journal...

God, thank you for the joy I felt in worshiping you this morning. Thank you that the grief is getting less intense. Thank you that joy did cometh in the morning! Thank you that your joy has been like iron to my soul. My joy and my confidence is in You. Thank you for the confidence that I am feeling in You and Your ways. I pray Satan will be beaten back. I pray the storm is winding down. Help me to thrive and find joy on this new shore. A shore I am unfamiliar with. I pray I would still dream big dreams. I pray I would have faith to believe my family will love and serve You with their whole hearts and minds.

"If one is joyful, it means that one is faithfully living for God, and that nothing else counts; and if one gives joy to others, one is doing God's work. With joy without and joy within, all is well."-Janet Erskine Stuart

"Live for today but hold your hands open to tomorrow. anticipate the future and its changes with joy. There is a seed of God's love in every event, every circumstance, every unpleasant situation in which you may find yourself." -Barbara Johnson.

7 comments:

Connie said...

Beautifully said.

Camille said...

May our Great God continually give you HIS peace and comfort my friend. HE is the Author of JOY!

Blessings to you!
Camille

OurLilFullFam said...

I love Barbara Johnson! She has lived tragedy and still finds Joy in her Lord!

Stephanie

OurLilFullFam said...

I love Barbara Johnson! She has lived tragedy and still finds Joy in her Lord!

Stephanie

Kristin Bridgman said...

Yes, this speaks to me, thank you!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So true! I see you embracing the "new normal" instead of fighting against it. God will bless you for it. He already is! Love you and hope you are feeling better today.

Catherine said...

You are sweetly blessing us all, Stacie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails