Thursday, May 31, 2012

Do You Want to Move Up?

"You and I will never move to the next level with God if we're scared half to death of what awaits us. On this mysterious pilgrimage we will find that when we do meet difficulties and sorrows, they were not meant to stop us but to form the character required for our great harvest in the coming season. Step into your future, Precious One, Something wonderful awaits you."-Beth Moore from her Stepping Up Bible study.
(I had the privilege of going to see Beth Moore in person for the first time! Her energy is amazing and I absolutely love her humility) She spoke over my life and I wept like a baby during worship).

Psalm 126

When the Lord restored the fortunes of Zion,
 we were like those who dream.
Our mouths were filled with laughter then,
and our tongues with shouts of joy.
Then they said among the nations,
the Lord has done great things for them."
The Lord has done great things for us;
we were joyful.
Restore our fortunes, Lord,
like watercourses in the Negev.
Those who sow in tears
will reap with shouts of joy.
Though one goes along weeping,
carrying the bag of seed,
he will surely come back with shouts of joy,
carrying his sheaves.
 I was able to spend time with my three main accountability partners, Margaret, Catherine and my twin sis, Jackie. It was a wonderful, edifying weekend. But boy, you couldn't get away with anything! LOL!)

What hope we have in these verses! Our God sees every tear. He wipes them away and even stores them in a bottle. I wonder what He does with them? Does He shows us gallons of tears that we cried while were on earth? Will He cast them into that sea of glass before His throne? There must be something symbolic about it. The point is, He sees my pain. He wants to restore my fortunes, my family. I am already shouting with joy and we have only begun this journey, for greater is He than he that is in this world! I have experienced miracle after miracle since this crisis happened. How  could I not believe Him? How could I not love Him more? He is now my breath.

 I was asked today by a sweet lady in my new Bible study group, "How do you saturate yourself with God's Grace?" I didn't even hesitate to answer, it is just by being with Him. Making Him a priority. Not forsaking my time with Him for a T.V. program or a new novel to escape in. I enjoy those things, but I am finding that I am enjoying Him even more

I like this new me. This new me is more confident, worries less, loves more, gives grace when grace is needed, and forgives quicker than I ever did before.



7 comments:

Connie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie said...

It has been fun to see what God has done for you! So glad you got to enjoy the Beth Moore Convention - good food to grow on.

Catherine said...

I love all of you, Stacie; I mean, the old you, the new you, the transforming you, the 'you' that loves me back. YOU! are God's child and I'm glad he made us friends!!!

Kristin Bridgman said...

I so resonate with you on this! Going through a heartbreak of my own, I resound that last paragraph with you :) Isn't God good to bring good out of pain, to not let it be wasted but to improve us and those around us? I would not want to live this life without Him!
Boy, I wish you and I could be neighbors, I think we could talk, talk, talk, and serve, serve, serve together.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Kristin, I agree! Maybe we'll be neighbors in heaven! Who knows? If you ever come out west to Oregon country, let me know!

I would love to follow you and meet your homeless friends. I know I would learn so much from them, just as you have.

Love,
Stacie

♥ a little of me♥ said...

hi dear friend its tuesday again...wanted to invited everyone on the tuesday's musings we are all busy people but sharing our faith is nice ..feel free to join...thanks if you do blessing for you all

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so blessed that you all invited me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails