Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Divine Surgery

"When your dreams are shattered, pray for a new dream. Then you dream a new dream and you don't quit."-Unknown

Are sickness and hardship, then, always some divine "punishment" to turn us around? Of course not. Illness and injury and tribulations will come in this fallen world, just as our Lord told us they would. But how we respond to those hurtful events-no matter why they come into our lives-will lead us to the same bottom line.

We must bend our knees to King Jesus.

We must submit our lives and dreams and plans and hopes and fears and ambitions to God Most High, the heavenly Father who loves us so dearly. He who knows the beginning from the end knows precisely what He is doing in our lives, and we may trust Him without reservation. No matter what.

Is it possible that in the times of apparent darkness God is wanting to communicate something healing to you and me? I'm not saying we'll never feel the sword of God's Word cutting away the spiritual cancers in our innermost being. What I am saying that in the darkest of times, on the blackest of nights, God may be preparing us to receive the very thing we need.

Divine Surgery may not only save our lives, it may also achieve an extraordinary work within us that would be impossible to accomplish any other way.

It is only natural for us to be anxious. It's natural to ask questions of the surgeon. "How long will this take? Will this hurt? Will it work? Will I live? Is now the right time?"

I've chosen to believe in the Great Physician. He knows my medical history, His office is always open, and He still makes house calls.- Ron Mehl author of God Works the Night Shift

The past three months, I have been under the knife. Oh my, how it has hurt. It has purified the fake right out of me. It has made me press into Jesus and be grateful for my salvation. My relationship with Him has changed. It is fuller, richer and much more deep. I thank Him for rescuing me, loving me, being my Rock, my Healer.

When I felt I could hardly breathe because of the pain in my heart, I felt him actually give me breath. When I endured loss after loss, God was there to listen. When I felt like I was screaming and beating Him on the chest, asking Him "why?", I would end up at His feet. Weeping. Praying. Pouring my hurts out to Him. He cleansed me of my impure motives. He taught me to forgive in a way I never thought possible. He is teaching me to love the unlovable. He is teaching me how much He loves me.

As I move into our new kind of normal, I will go back and read my journals. I do not want to forget how the Lord answered prayer after prayer. How He provided for us in miraculous ways. I have so many stories to share now that I am on the other end of this. Some of these stories will blow your socks off!

Whatever you are going through right now, press in. He is faithful. He loves you and He wants to show you just how amazing He is! He doesn't promise to remove our circumstances, but he does promise to walk through them with us.

8 comments:

Connie said...

Yes, He does go through our circumstances with us - including the ones that have lasted for several years. We can trust our hearts and lives with HIM!

OurLilFullFam said...

"He doesn't promise to remove our circumstances, but he does promise to walk through them with us"

Such true words Stacie! What a promise to hang on to!

Stephanie

Mara said...

This was comforting to read, particularly since I am going through one of those "dark times" myself at the present. Thank you for sharing.

Grandma Becky said...

Thanks, Stacie, for this post. It's amazing what we learn about ourselves and God in the times of doubt and struggle. It makes you stronger. Thanks for not giving up! Hugs! (BTW, we had a good time in Hood River.)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so glad you kept a journal through this trial! I know God will use it in a mighty way. I can't wait for you to come and speak for our homeschool group! What you have learned through this is invaluable to all of us!

Nezzy said...

Yes indeedy...He's right there to take our heart hand and guide us through.

We all have to remember that bad things happen to good people but we are never ever forsaken.

God bless ya sweetie and have a beautiful day!!!

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for this post, Stacie. I sooo needed to hear this today. I am so thankful He goes with us through our circumstances b/c what my hubby and I are going through is the one of the darkest times we've ever experienced. Our prayer is that by going through this dark time, we will be conformed to the image of His Son.
I am your newest follower and look forward to getting to know you better. Pleas stop by and "visit" when you have time.
Many blessings!

Jenni said...

If you are a member of the MD247 program, and begin to feel ill, MD247 would like to provide the opportunity to talk to a doctor right away using telephonic physicians network.
Medical Help

Related Posts with Thumbnails