Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Wind is Picking Up


The storm is brewing, the waves are churning. I'm in a boat that seems about ready to sink. But I am still afloat. My God is pulling me to shore. We will get there, He and I. It seems a long ways away, but we will arrive. When we do, it will be a different shore, a better shore. Then we will walk a different journey. A journey I never planned on taking, but it will be good because my God is for me. He is good. His purposes are unfathomable.

It is amazing how you can truly find peace in the middle of the storm. He is doing a new thing. I'm done fighting it. I'm surrendered. The Lord's Will be done, not mine.

How do you fight a storm? How do you fight something that you have no control over? You don't. You ride it out. You hunker down and pray that God will save you and your loved ones. You release them into His hands and pray His Will for them. He fights it. He calms it. There is hope.

I look back and thank the Lord that He gave me the strength to get through each day. Even today, not one, but two friends showed up and offered to give me a break. Can you believe it? That shows how God loves to shower us with grace and mercy. I was able to go on a much needed date with my hubby.

This new journey, it's not quite so frightening. I know Jesus is holding my hand, guiding my boat. He will get me safely to the other shore.

If you are going through a trial, I pray that you will trust the Lord with all your heart and praise Him in the middle of your painful storm. Sometimes your heart breaks over and over and over, yet, He is there, picking up those shattered pieces and waiting for the right time to start putting them together again.

14 comments:

Catherine said...

Safe harbor, Stacie, hunker down in prayer and meditation upon the Word, and He will bring you to that safe harbor! He is, and He will!

a little of me said...

praise God...times when we have heavy trials...and prayer and faith is the only thing we can do..you are in my thoughts sweet friend...and thank you for sharing your encouragin post on my bloghop...love you..blessings

Ellie Rae said...

Yes, we've been going through some rough waters, too. Have to remind ourselves to trust God, which is not always easy, since we are just human.

Connie said...

So good to know you are letting Him hold you. Life is brutal, but God is not. You are right, many things are just too big, and we really do not have any control over them. I am glad we serve a powerful God.

Nadine said...

I continue to keep you and your family in my prayers!

Blessings!
~Nadine

OurLilFullFam said...

Keeping you eyes on Him is the only way to ride the storm! (Easier said than done I know!)

Glad you got some time with your husband!

Stephanie

MommaMindy said...

Thank you. Our boats are rocking in the same storm and we occasionally holler words of encouragement to one another through the noise of the waves.

I feel if it weren't for your voice, and the voice of many other dear believers, I would feel so alone.

Like the disciples accusing Jesus, who was asleep on a pillow during their storm, at times my weakness cries out in unison with their lack of faith, "Don't you care?"

Of course, He cares. He can calm the storm, but He is also in control of it.

May the Lord continue giving us all the strength and the faith to face the storms He is allowing for our good. Praying!

Kristin Bridgman said...

I don't know what your storm is, but I've been praying for you and your family. It sounds like you are doing the right thing, riding the storm with Him, trusting in Him. The only way to ride.
Bless you~

Grandma Becky said...

Good thing for the anchor you have in Christ, to keep you from drifting away. His anchor holds! Good post, my friend! Praying for all of you!

...they call me mommy... said...

Prayed for you! I highly recommend the devotional Streams in the Desert by L.B. Cowman. It has been such an encouragement to me in the midst of trials!

mbrewer said...

You keep clinging, girl. I love u and am inspired by your obedience and faith.

Ellen said...

I remember just last year the Lord pulled my family through a storm that lasted over a year. It was hard, at times I wanted to just sink and be done with it..but His plans are far better than ours. It hurts, it's hard and uncomfortable and we may yell and complain about it, but He is always there. He knows best. Will keep you in prayer as you lean on Him.♥

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I just praise God that you are choosing to hunker down and ride this out. We have learned many lessons on this journey so far and I know many more will come. They will all be for our good. I praise God for your example! Can't wait to see you in only two days!

Camille said...

Precious friend....the LORD indeed is IN the storm and HE will guide you safely through. Rest in HIS perfect plan. Trust that HE does all things well. For our eternal good and for HIS glory. Still praying....

Much Love,
Camille

Related Posts with Thumbnails