Friday, March 23, 2012

Wait Well, or Wait Poorly?

This is my son, Josh raising his hands, celebrating such a beautiful scenery that his God made. It fits perfectly with this post.
 
How do we get to the morning, to the sunshine, to the joy? There is only one way. By waiting for it. we can't hurry the dawn, no matter how anxiously we pace the floor or how impatiently we watch the clock. and so the question is not do we wait or not wait, because waiting is all we can do. The question is, how will we wait? Will we wait well... or will we wait poorly?
-Ken Gire

I am a woman who wants resolution. The hardest part of my situation is waiting. I can't even form a plan of action. The fact is, it is a new normal. A new season in our life we could have never anticipated. Will we wait well or will we wait poorly?

Everyday, I make that choice. On my good days, I am "trusting the Lord with all my heart and leaning not on my own understanding"- Proverbs 3:5. I am submitted to him, and to his authority in my life. On my bad days, I am doubting, fretting, worried about what our future holds. I am focused on my circumstances and not on my HUGE God that "works all things together for those that love him and are called according to his purpose" -Romans 8:28. On my bad days I question and ask "Why would you allow this to happen to someone who has committed her life to you?" He is not silent. He says, "Because I love you and 'have plans to prosper you and not to harm you'-Jeremiah 29:11, because I want you to BELIEVE me to be a big God, a mighty God who WILL deliver you from your Egypt to the Promised Land." Oh, it isn't audible, it is whispered ever so sweetly into my spirit.

One thing I have learned, God is good all the time, even when it looks like he is allowing harm to befall our tent. He is still good. He is a LOVING Father. A MERCIFUL Savior who has suffered so much more than we have. He will redeem this situation and he WILL get the Glory.

Oh, Jesus, Jesus, there is just something about that name...

10 comments:

Connie said...

A very meaningful post. I have been living this for almost two years. I know the good days and say just what you have said; I know the bad days and have said just what you have said. So thankful that we have a big God! Hugs.

OurLilFullFam said...

People always assume I am so patient because I have so many children. It is quite the opposite, I am growing in patience because God has given me lots of oppurtunities to practice!

Still praying for you and agree with you that God will get the glory in whatever you are going through!

Stephanie

Wanting What I Have said...

Sweet friend-you keep pointing me to Jesus. I love you. Praying for you.

...they call me mommy... said...

So TRUE! Thank you!

(love the photo!)

Ma said...

What a beautiful photo.

Catherine said...

Hey, I pray that the waiting is done with grace and joy, Stacie. I KNOW it is difficult. God didn't call us to the easy stuff!

Grandma Becky said...

You are right to continue walking with Jesus, fighting the good fight through the painful situation you are all experiencing right now. My heart hurts for you but am praying for deliverance and comfort for you all. Don't give up as some do. God is there and right beside you. Worship Him! Love you! Hugs!

busymomof10 said...

We are in the exact same situation you describe -- waiting to see what God will do. Will He deliver us? Or let us drown? Trying to TRUST and BELIEVE that He will somehow sustain us in our time of extreme trial. Thanks for sharing!

a little of me said...

nice post thanks for sharing...i always read your posts....God bless

Camille said...

Praying for you my friend. What a blessing to read that the LORD is giving you HIS peace in the midst of this storm. HE truly IS Good...always.

With Love,
Camille
(Isaiah 26:3-4)

Related Posts with Thumbnails