Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Signs of Hope

The world is brown all around us. It represents the despair, hopelessness and helplessness we have felt for the past two months. It represents a winter season we will never forget.

Yet everyday, God reminds me that "His mercies are new every morning and great is His faithfulness."

As I learn to breathe Him in and breathe Him out, I feel a spiritual awakening that only comes with complete dependency upon Jesus. I am learning that He is "doing a new thing".

The Bible reminds me of these colors. It seems brighter, the words more beautiful that I could have possibly imagined. Even though the pain isn't going away, I can see a  purpose in it. I can see possibilities of how God can use our pain for His glory. It gives me HOPE.

It makes me appreciate these moments. Holding my children tighter. Making sure that I am spending quality time with them, reading, jumping on the trampoline, cooking, talking, and speaking spiritual truths into their lives. I have to be so careful that my pain doesn't find me  wanting to hide out in my room, escaping in a movie or a book. I need to stay engaged and not try to numb the pain that I can't seem to get away from.

 I am struggling with patience with the little things like squabbling and fighting. These things make me so angry when it already feels like my head is barely above the water emotionally. Kids are going to fight, husbands and wives are going to have misunderstandings, life is going to happen all around me and it will not be a respecter of my pain. Sometimes I find myself in a state of extreme self-pity telling myself that I did nothing to deserve this. It doesn't matter. My dad always said, "Whoever said life was fair was lying to you." So true. It isn't fair. It wasn't fair to Jesus, it isn't going to be fair to me. Now what am I going to do about that?

I am going to go on, and look for those "signs of hope". I am entering spring with fervent expectation of what God is going to do. I am counting on the Resurrection Power of Jesus to do amazing things and create in us clean and new hearts.

14 comments:

Ma said...

What beautiful pictures of spring. Very filled with hope.

a little of me said...

amen friend...i understand you so good...jesus nows our struggles john 16:33 speaks to me so much..you have a lovely family...and a sweet spirit..your perseverance amazes me...are many of us here are encouraged of your posts and your love for jesus...your garden are beautiful...by the way..here is also a nice weather these days...enjoy life! God bless you

Nadine said...

Keep strong, keep in His word and prayer...He is with you and will never let you be alone!
Keeping you in my prayers Stacie!

Blessings!
~Nadine

PS ~ Beautiful spring photos!

OurLilFullFam said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phY9_Q53DEM

His joy does come in the morning Stacie!

Stephanie

OurLilFullFam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MommaMindy said...

How did you know I hid out and watched a movie and read a book yesterday? Your loving comments were timely in my heart and mind. I am having such a hard time living in the reality of normal daily living with all the suffering I have to face. Thank you for speaking the truth in love, even though you didn't know your words were a loving, gentle encouragement just when I needed it. Love you, sister!

Connie said...

So good to see you still pressing in and pressing on. We never know what life is going to hand us, but we do choose who holds our hands. So thankful you are trusting HIM!

Dayle @ A Collection of This and That said...

Whatever your pain, it's a comfort to rest in God's faithful hands.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

It is so awesome to see how God is using your pain to do a new thing. I'm praying you will have patience and grace with your family as you live this new thing out. I know it is a struggle. I'm praying for you on this! God is so good and I know he isn't going to waste a single tear. Love ya, Sis!

Mich said...

prayers...

Beautiful pictures of spring...reminders of His grace and the hope He gives.

Grandma Becky said...

Thanks for sharing the photos of spring flowers. We now have spring rain refreshing the earth and it's a bit warmer. Life does go on even when we are not happy but we find joy in the Lord. Continue to look to Him and seek His wisdom and strength. Hugs and prayers!

Catherine said...

You know Who to turn to, Who to count on, and Who is in control of your entire life, Stacie. Good girl!

www.FarmLifeLessons.blogspot.com said...

You are doing so great at being honest with youself and staying aware, in the moment. It's a struggle, but it definitely makes us stronger. Your dad is right, life is not fair...the scales of justice are sometimes tipped wrongly and our good hearts may be crushed by blackness, but we must keep going and searching out for the good in all things. You sound as if you are trying to stay on top of your pain and to not let it get the best of you...that is admirable. Keep going. You are going to look back one day at what a strong woman you have been through your trials. More wisdom is being stored because of this circumstance. May the Lord stick close to your heart and whisper soothing sounds in your ear when needed.

Lana

Ma said...

I saw this today and thought of spring and of your post here:)

Lessons We learn from Spring

Related Posts with Thumbnails