Friday, January 27, 2012

A Pleasant Surprise!

My hubby took me clothes shopping the other day. Yes, you heard that right. Clothes shopping!!!! I had lost some weight due to my tonsillectomy and my pants were literally falling off of me. He couldn't stand it anymore, so he told me he wanted to go get me a new pair of jeans. After taking me to two different stores, we finally found a pair that would work. Before we went to pay, he suggested I find a shirt, too. Then I found a cute skirt I liked. Oh my! He was so generous and sweet. He even refused to let me use my mad money!

So the above picture is me in my new long skirt. I LOVE long skirts. I'm crazy about them! We live in a very windy region and I feel very "safe" in these. They are modest and I feel very feminine in them. I like to dress up even if I never leave the house. I feel better when I am "put together" for my husband when he is home.

Here is the shirt and jeans he gave me. I just loved how vintage, wispy and light it looked. I also really liked the colors. Lily and Jess LOVED it when I came home to show them.

After clothes shopping, he took me to lunch. After 16 years, this man is truly figuring out how to romance his woman. I never thought it would be this way. It is so nice to be able to go on dates now. Having a 13 year old has truly made a difference. As the children get older, I think it is going to be easier to focus more on each other.

Thanks, Steve! You made my day!

21 comments:

Chelle said...

Nice outfits. I love your shirt you have on with your jeans. It is very pretty and feminine. Sometimes husbands can be surprising. Just keep loving him and it will pay off.

Jill said...

How sweet! I love your outfits and you look great!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

blessings,
Jill

Grandma Becky said...

It's fun when hubby surprises with clothes. So happy for you and I bet you had a good time together as well. You are looking good, my friend! Hugs!

Kristin Bridgman said...

Love the outfits! I also love long skirts and vintage looking clothes. Love to feel feminine!
What a lovely treat you had!

MommaMindy said...

You look adorable! I'm especially happy to see you smile despite the trials you've undergone this year. The Lord has upheld you and you've shared your comfort from Him with others. Many of us are thankful your husband blessed you because we know you deserve it! Yes, he's a good man, but he knows a good woman when he sees one. :)

Mich said...

how sweet and you look great!

Love the new clothes. My daughter LOVES vintage.

Tracy said...

The clothes you and your husband chose are very nice. I especially like the shirt. I know what you mean about being able to enjoy each other's company more when you have a child old enough to babysit. My firefighter and I can do that now too and it is such a great thing for the relationship to renew the romance and put a bit more focus back into each other.
Enjoy,
Tracy

Amber said...

How sweet! The clothes are beautiful. I LOVE the shirt.

Jennifer said...

what a man!! you look great, awesome skirt (I like skirts too!) and I love those jeans and top...very flattering! Love to you!

Rachel and Family said...

LOOOVE!!! You are so beautiful! Ann and I are, in fact, off early this morning to hit a sale ;) I have also been wearing belts more and trying to put some effort into accessorizing. Your first ensemble is perfect-o! And I love your blouse with jeans. Long and flowy. We have very similar taste!
THAT is true LOVE... a man taking his woman shopping :))
xoxo

Nadine said...

How sweet!
I adore the blouse...very pretty!

Blessings!
~Nadine

Homestead Living said...

How precious! I rejoice when I have time to be with just my husband and we can pour into us.
The clothes are adorable too!
I also LOVE long skirts. :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm next in line for that shirt when you get tired of it. It is adorable! The jeans are cute too. I'm so glad I'm your twin :) Love that we can still wear each other's clothes even after all these years. Good job romancing my sis, Steve!

Catherine said...

Darling blouse with the jeans, but then, YOU are darling in it too. They are all very becoming on you, Stacie. Yea, Steve, for 'getting' this.

Ma said...

What a nice surprise:)

You look great!

OurLilFullFam said...

What cute clothes! That is very nice of him to do!

Stephanie

Wanting What I Have said...

Reading this made me get so teary. What a precious husband. It's so wonderful to be so loved!!! I am just so happy for you! I love your shirt and jeans and the skirt, too! You look super cute! And what a GREAT figure! And I am proud of you for putting yourself together for your hubby - even when you aren't leaving the house. I think that's so important and need to put forth more effort in that area. Yea for y'all!!! Go Steve GO!

Mrs. M. Wildflower said...

Your new outfits are adorable! :)

Just this past weekend, my husband let do some "wild" clothes shopping too, which NEVER happens, but it was a nice surprise. :)

I miss "seeing" you. Blessings! :)

Trisha said...

How romantic! You look beautiful, and your blouse is so lovely!

Dayle said...

I ran across your blog (can't recall how I got here) and wanted to give a shout out to a fellow firefighter's wife. Bless you! Mine retired as a captain in 2008, after a 34-year career with Houston Fire Department.

Dayle said...

OMGosh ... and you're a twin. Me, too! :)

I'm your newest follower.

Related Posts with Thumbnails