Thursday, December 29, 2011

God is Carrying Me

I just wanted to thank you all so much for your prayers. So far the tonsillectomy has been successful. The doc said they were not in good shape and I should be feeling much better in a week or two now that they are out.

The surgery went really well. My sis and I got out our Scrabble game after they put in the IV, and had to immediately put it away again. I went right in! Last time I had surgery I had to wait something like 6 hours. It was very nice.

The best way I can describe the way it feels right now is two baseballs covered in sandpaper in the back of my throat. So far there has been little bleeding so I'm being very careful about trying not to clear my throat and cough. Not easy when you have a post nasal drip.

Sleeping and taking my meds has been a challenge. I can't sleep because my throat is so swollen that I immediately start snoring so I can breathe. It wakes me up because it is so painful. So I just take cat naps all day and night long. I'm watching "Biggest Loser" on Netflix Watch Instantly. It is a great series and keeps my mind off of the pain.

I am so thankful for how God is carrying me. I have never counted my blessings as much as I have since this surgery. After having the bunyonectomy (sp?) about the same time last year, this is a walk in the park. So thankful for that reference point. I can walk around and be part of the family even though I can't talk. Lily is a year older, too so that makes it easier.

Pray that the swelling with go down so that I can get more liquids down me. It takes me about two hours to drink a 1/3 of a cup of liquid. I'm starving all the time! LOL! I will probably losing the five pounds that I put on from my foot surgery that I never could seem to lose.

I'm  looking forward to not having sore throats all the time. It was affecting my singing and what I could eat. I really am grateful for having the opportunity to get this done. The icing on the cake is that I don't have to pay a dime for it since we were at 100% on our insurance.

My sis and I have been playing Scrabble a lot. I'm still whipping her even being all doped up on my pain meds! LOL! She is the Yoda of Scrabble. I used to hate playing that game now I love it.

Thanks again for your prayers. God is carrying me and will continue to hold me in the palm of His hand.

22 comments:

Ellen said...

You have a wonderfully positive attitude Stacie! I am glad that you are doing well and will be praying that you can eat and drink comfortably soon!

Nadine said...

I am glad that it is going well for you Stacie...I shall continue to keep you in my prayers!

Blessings!
~Nadine

Jennifer said...

sorry it's making a tough time recooping!! I'm giving you a blog award on my blog jan.1st...dont miss it.

ღ soraya ღ said...

amen friend so glad for you.. that everything it allright hope your have a fast recovery..God bless you friend

caz1975 said...

Prayers for a speedy recovery!!

Kristin Bridgman said...

I'll be praying for a fast recovery. Sounds like you are going to be just fine and it's such a wonderful picture to think of oneself in the palm of His Hand :)

And Michael is now on my prayer list;)

Happy New Year!

Camille said...

So good to read this post Stacie! God is ALWAYS Good. ENJOY this time of *rest* and be sure you do take all the help that is offered. I will continue to pray for your healing and full recovery.

Love,
Camille

Mara Wildflower said...

Stacie,

My Dear Sweet Friend, I had not visited your blog in awhile, so I was unaware that you were going through some difficult times with your throat and surgery. I will keep you in my prayers. Like Ellen stated, despite your pain, you do seem to have a positive attitude about all of this, which will be very helpful for you.

On a "fun" note, I always "whip" my husband at scrabble, even when I try to "let him win." However, I bet as a homeschooling mom, you could probably "whip" me any day with this game. :)

Blessings to you!

-M. Wildflower

OurLilFullFam said...

Stacie, i am sorry you are in so much pain, but thankful it was a success! I am sending continued prayers you way for a full and speedy recovery!

Stephanie

Jessica Heights said...

I hope the rest of your recovery goes well! :)

His bondservant said...

So thankful things went well. Will be praying for a fast recovery for you. God is truly faithful to us!

Ma said...

Ouch! I hope that you can heal quickly. Enjoy your downtime:) It's such a blessing that you don't have to worry about the financial side of this.


Happy New Year!

Jenn said...

Praying for you recovery! Reference points are always a good thing! Loved your positive attitude!

Marie said...

I'm praying for a fast recovery,you'll be very fine soon!

Yes, I find myself spending more time with Him now. And you were right, God should be the first man in my life.

Happy new year!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Glad you're learning from the best, LOL. So wish I was there right now with you. Hang in there, Sis. Love you!

tahir sumar said...

Latest Hot Current Affairs, Entertainment News, Pictures, Videos, Latest Hot News updates, Business News, Online Marketing, Online Jobs, Mp3 Tunes, Latest Ringtones, Bollywood Girls, Entertainment Girls, Hot Girls and Most popular Affairs in the World
Daily News updates about Latest and Hot Current Affairs
HotCurrentAffairs.com

tahir sumar said...

Latest Hot Current Affairs, Entertainment News, Pictures, Videos, Latest Hot News updates, Business News, Online Marketing, Online Jobs, Mp3 Tunes, Latest Ringtones, Bollywood Girls, Entertainment Girls, Hot Girls and Most popular Affairs in the World
Daily News updates about Latest and Hot Current Affairs
HotCurrentAffairs.com

muhammad ibraheem said...

Social Media Marketing is a very easy way for Marketing and Advertising, Now you can Get Facebook Likes, Twitter Followers, Favorites, Youtube Views,Subscribes,Likes, Google Plus Followers, Stumbleupon Followers, Digg Followers, Websites Visitors and Much More.
Just Visit the Website and Start Promoting now without any Charges
GetLikeFast.com

Anwar Fazil said...

Free Social Media Marketing where Every thing will be Free, Facebook Likes, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Re-Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Plus Followers, StumbleUpon Followers, Youtube Views, Youtube Likes, Youtube Subsribes, Pinterest Followers, Pinterest Likes, Pinterest PinIt, Free Website Visitors.
Just Join now and Free Increase your Social Media Networks.
GetLikeFast.com

Anwar Fazil said...

Online Marketing is the Best way to increase your income and Get online visitors or Customer on your company. Many Marketing Way like Facebook Marketing, Website Marketing, SMS Marketing, Products Marketing and Social Media Marketing such as Facebook Likes, Twitter Follow, Youtube Views and Much More International Advertising Systems, Just Visit
HotCurrentAffairs.com

saleem mohd. said...

Free Social Media Marketing where Every thing will be Free, Facebook Likes, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Re-Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Plus Followers, StumbleUpon Followers, Youtube Views, Youtube Likes, Youtube Subsribes, Pinterest Followers, Pinterest Likes, Pinterest PinIt, Free Website Visitors.
Just Join now and Free Increase your Social Media Networks.
GetLikeFast.com

saleem mohd. said...

Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited. Visit the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Funny Vidoes, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures and Much More Fun and Entertainment
lolsgag.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails