Friday, November 4, 2011

Second Wind

 I finally feel like I'm getting a routine back when it comes to homeschooling. I can't believe how long it took me! Two months! It feels good now that everyone seems to have better attitudes and I'm finding out how the little ones want to be involved.

Lily is wanting to "play" school for a little while everyday.
 Jacob asks me about three times a week if he can do his work. It is perfect!
 Andrew is not struggling as much with his attitude and now is reading three letter words with greater ease. What a blessing!
 Jess and I keep trying to hone our photography skills.
 The kids still get quite a bit of exercise on our trampoline. The poor net is just wasted! I am now hanging it with baling twine. Hey, it works!!!

We went on a trip the other day through the Gorge. On the Old Highway, we found a dead beaver. The picture doesn't do it justice. The thing was huge! I wouldn't want to have hit it. The kids wanted me to take a picture of it. So here was our science for the day. Examining a dead beaver!

8 comments:

Catherine said...

I, too, am getting my second wind. I think it takes time to figure out everyones' style, niche, and routine before it is 'set'. I have a couple of 'fiddle-farters' and one'lollygagger'. When the 'ontasker' finishes and gets a snack and a break it livens up the reluctant crewmembers! Oh, my, this is entertaining...and HARD! Your Lily, Andrew, and Jacob are darlings in school, Stacie.

Rachel and Family said...

I almost didn't recognize Lily with those glasses on. I thought whose kid is that? Andrew is also looking so much older. A big boy now!
That is way cool to find a dead beaver! Great to stop and study it!
xoxo

Wanting What I Have said...

Wow..that beaver is huge! I loved readIng that thy was your science for the day. :) homeschooling rocks!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm only on month one, maybe in another month I'll get my second wind? Doesn't help that I've been sick so much this fall.

Adorable pics of everyone. Andrew looks so grown up in that pic. It is freaking me out! Miss you all so much.

My kids would have been all over that beaver. Now you need to go watch "Creatures that Defy Evolution". There is a whole section in Volume One that tells just how cool the beaver is.

Love ya,
Jackie

caz1975 said...

Sounds like you're settling into a good schooling groove, we only have a few weeks left of our school year and i'm feeling enthused to just get in and get it done so we can break for summer!! Poor beaver, we don't have them here so I would've stopped to examine it too LOL

Sarah said...

Yikes! Poor Mr Beaver!

Glad you are enjoying your homeschooling Stacie!

Lovely Lily looks so sweet in her glasses! Very studious! ;)

Lizzy said...

You're kids are adorable! :) sometimes it would take my mom longer to get us back in routine after break but it always worked out in the end. Its awesome that you have made the choice to homeschool your kids! I love your science lesson of the day ;) I would never go near that haha I feel sorry for furry things that meet their fate on the highway (except possums lol)

Mich said...

I don't have it in me to home school. We would take field trips and have "snow days" every day. :) My sister does it and I admire greatly all of you that do. Glad you are getting back in the swing of things.

Related Posts with Thumbnails