Friday, November 11, 2011

Our Gorgeous Gorge!

 We are so blessed to be able to live in such a beautiful place. The Columbia Gorge is full of waterfalls, ferns, moss, and forest. A real treasure. This is Horsetail Falls. One of our family favorites when it comes to waterfalls.
 I was thrilled to capture the vivid colors of fall with my "newish" camera.
 I love the soothing sound of running water at Wahkeena Falls.
 The older boys wanted to stay home for this trip, so we packed up the little ones and had a wonderful time.
 Here is Steve with them. They loved playing on the bridge.

Anybody else notice that it is 11/11/11 today? Way cool!

Happy Veteran's Day to all of you who faithfully and unselfishly have served our country. I appreciate my freedom even though I seem to take it for granted everyday. I know freedom isn't free. Thank you for the sacrifice you and your family have made for me.

4 comments:

OurLilFullFam said...

What a breathtaking picture! How beautiful!

Stephanie

Camille said...

G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S.!!! What a wonderful spot! You will look back on that photo of the four *littles* and cherish it...guaranteed! :)

Yes, I did notice that it was 11-11-11...too fun! :)

Love to you my friend!
Camille xo

Grandma Becky said...

Columbia River Gorge is beautiful indeed. Thanks for sharing the photos. 11-11-11 what a day! We had a good day with Veterans' Day parade in Albany then had a free lunch at American Legion post and tonight free dinner at Applebees. Now it's nice to just be home! Yes I took lots of photos! I'm glad you are enjoying your newish camera. I found a pair of gloves to take with us to Snoqualmie falls later in the week...thumb and first finger in each glove a hole text or use a touch screen. How about use on a camera? Just what I needed! Take care and have a good weekend!

caz1975 said...

The Autumn leaves in that water make it so colourful and perfect, I love that every season has it's own beauty, even when yours is opposite to ours, a reminder that life has seasons too and there is beauty to be found in all of them :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails