Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Stacie's Bread/Roll/Pizza Dough recipe DOUBLED!

Stacie's Bread/Roll/ Pizza Dough Bread Machine Recipe (Doubled)

4 2/3 cups flour (I use half white flour and half hard-winter red wheat flour)
2 cups of water
2 tsps salt
2 TBS honey
2 TBS olive oil
2 1/2 tsps dry-active yeast

Use dough cycle. When cycle is finished (mine is 1 1/2 hours) divide dough and make any of these combonations:

two pizza doughs
two loaves of bread
one loaf of bread and one pizza dough
one loaf of bread and one pan of rolls
(You get the picture)

When I am doing two loaves at a time, I let it raise for at least 30 minutes and then I bake them at 400 degrees for 23 minutes.

If you choose to use all whole wheat then add 2 to 3 tsps of gluten. It will raise better.

I adapted this from an old French bread recipe I had. I love it because it doesn't have eggs in it.

I thought I would post this again. I have had several people ask for it again. This recipe is so easy that even my Marcus can make it!

6 comments:

Tillie said...

I use our own pizza dough in several ways - bake it with holes for pizza, without holes, it's pita, fried up it becomes chapaati/naan bread. So easy and delicious!

http://tillieisms.blogspot.com/

Nadine said...

Looks good..thank you for sharing your recipe! Hopefully it will fit okay in my bread machine, we have a 1 1/2 pound machine. I will be giving it a try soon! :)

Blessings!
~Nadine

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Thanks, Stacie! I don't use my bread machine anymore, but I adapt recipes like yours all the time. I am printing this one out to try!

Jerry Isaak said...

Hi Stacie, This recipe looks great. I think I'll try it tomorrow. You're family is adorable.Thanks for your post on my blog. I have really enjoyed getting to know your sister, she is an inspiring woman! Hope to get to meet you next time you are in town. -Katie Isaak

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Thanks, Stace! Going to try it out tomorrow.

Nate and Robyn Copper said...

Stacie, I'm glad to have 'met' you on our blogs :). I think we can learn from each other. One day I will make my own bread again and this looks like a great recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails