Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Playing School

 I think the children were actually missing school. All last week on their own, they started lining up our "new to us" desks in the homeschool room. Josh and Marcus started teaching the littler ones. It was really cute!
 Josh made his own map of Europe, complete with flags and symbols. He loves military maps.
I am always amazed at how my children use their imaginations. Even though they say they are not looking forward to starting up school (which is today), secretly I think they like to learn new things and have a routine.

I'm so thankful that the Lord gave me a fresh vision for my homeschool. I didn't know it, but I was getting burned out. This whole summer He has made me face my impatience. My impatience is the root of my anger. I am thankful that it has been revealed, but it is my choice now to allow the Holy Spirit to help me.

 I continue to let Him undo me, take me apart, and stitch me back together again His way and in His time.

I am grateful for the priviledge be homeschooling. I am also grateful that this is HIS homeschool and not mine. All glory be to Him!!!

6 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Stacie...I can remember as a child playing school with my younger sister! What wonderful memories I have of those days!!! As much as I believe children need that break in the summer, I also firmly believe they need the structure that the homeschool day allows them. My kids were always ready to start up again, and we always started the school year with "Blueberries for Sal", and fresh blueberry muffins that they helped with!

Madame Wildflower said...

I had to smile when I saw your children playing school. I did that too when I was young, but since I didn't have brothers or sisters, I would use my dolls to "teach" them, ha, ha!

Your son made a very impressive map. I like it.

I'm glad that the Lord is being a source of encouragement to you in your homeschooling practices. Its no fun to experience burn-out, no matter what tasks we have to accomplish. I pray that He will continue giving you the support and strength that you will need.

Fire Wife said...

And what a wonderful opportunity for the older children to learn some valuable lessons by teaching! Even if they think they're just playing - there's learning going on there. How wonderful!

Catherine said...

Praise God for your surrender to HIm, Stacie! You will do very well this year as you follow His lead!

Camille said...

What a lovely thought...indeed...it is HIS!! :)

Blessings,
Camille

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Those desks are just awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails