Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pastor Steve Update-It is Well...

This is the latest update on our Dear Pastor Steve, written by his wife.

brief update on Steve:


- nausea is under control at this time

- sleeps 90-95% of the day

- pain is well managed

- becoming more confused and easily becomes anxious

- still has a sense of humor!

- still has that beautiful look of love when I gaze into his eyes!!

- he is very weak; can no longer walk; is able to stand and pivot with help

- LOVES LOVES LOVES popsicles!!

- eating and drinking very little!!

- probably on the "home-stretch" of his live on earth!

- does not want to leave his friends and family, but is ready for the ULTIMATE HEALING!!

- His motto: FOR TO ME TO LIVE IS CHRIST, TO DIE IS GAIN!

Please keep us in your prayers as we help Steve finish strong. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that Steve will hear these precious words from our Father in Heaven, "WELL DONE THOU GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT!"

In the midst of our pain and sorrow, I can say It Is Well With My Soul!

Disclaimer: It is not well with my heart, my mind, my emotions, my security, my hopes, my dreams, my future, my comfort, my experience, my family, my friends, my ANYTHING except my soul.

Thankful for a God who will never leave me or forsake me, and who has promised a place of no more tears, no more sorrow, and no more pain!

Love,

Marilyn

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Pastor Steve and his wife are a real inspiration, Stacie. Thank you for posting her letter.

OurLilFullFam said...

Wow. What words, I'm sure he will hear those sweet words as he goes home. Praying for you all.

Stephanie

Wanting What I Have said...

Oh to die with such sweet and honoring words on my lips. What a precious testimony your pastor is living. I am praying for him and his wife. And for his congregation.

Trisha said...

Thinking of you at this time, Stacie. What a beautiful update, clearly showing his love for Christ.

Madame Wildflower said...

I couldn't help but smile when she stated that Steve LOVES popsickles. :)

Although it is sad to know this news about your Pastor, it was also an encouraging testimony of his faith. I pray that his wife will gain the strength she needs from the Lord when the time comes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails