Saturday, September 17, 2011

Marcus Turns 11!!!

 Dear Marcus,

What a year you have had! God has been working in your life as you grow in wisdom and in stature. You quit TKD, but then decided that you really did like it. You have excelled and we anxiously wait for you to do your belt test. I know you will pass with flying colors. You did your first TKD tournament and sparring this year. You did a great job! Even though you didn't win, you learned some valuable life-lessons.
 You are such a good big brother! You are so helpful with the little ones. I love that you can teach them math or phonics while I'm busy working with another child. You are getting proficient in the kitchen as well. Making popcorn, pancakes and such. You are a big help to me when I'm not feeling good. You were also invaluable to me when I had my foot surgery. You tender compassion and mercy helped so much as you helped take over the household chores. I can't thank you enough for that!
You are such a character. Loud, funny and a quick-thinker like your father. You always find the humor in every situation.

More importantly, we can be honest with each other in spiritual matters. You keep me accountable when you see me start to lose it. I love it when you are struggling with something and you ask me to pray for you. I see such spiritual growth in you, Marcus. I don't know many ten-year olds that attempt to do a Beth Moore study. You have said to me this year that you believe God has called you to be a pastor. I can very much see that happened someday in His time. In the meantime, we continue to get "self" out of the way so that we can see God work. I am excited to watch you get baptized next week!

I encourage you to continue to walk in the Spirit, work on your anger and to put things in to perspective when stuff starts to build up. Let us both examine our reactions to different situations and see if they are godly responses.

Thank you, Son, for making me a better Christian. I look forward to growing in the Lord with you this year.

May God's blessing be upon you! Happy Birthday!!!

Love,

Mom

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Go Marcus!

candy said...

Happy Birthday dear Marcus.You are very helpful to me also when I get the privelidge(sp?) of watching all of you.I love you Marcus,Have a wonderful Birthday.

OurLilFullFam said...

What a precious letter Stacie! Happy Birthday to a sweet little boy!

Stephanie

Wanting What I Have said...

What a precious, precious, precious letter to your son - and what an amazing and wonderful gift from God Marcus is! SO happy for all of you! Happy Birthday Marcus!

RaD said...

Happy Birthday Marcus! May God use you to your fullest potential.

Stacy, this letter is so real and beautifully written.

Related Posts with Thumbnails