Saturday, September 10, 2011

Joshua Turns 13!!!

Dear Joshua,

The day came. It is finally here. You are a teenager. I can no longer say, "But you aren't quite a teenager yet!" when you ask for more freedom. You are. You are. How did this happen so fast?
 I am now thinking so much about the few years I have left to teach you all you need to learn to survive in this ol' world. I hope I'm doing a good job. I have to trust God that He will give you everything that you need.
 This year has been full of ups and downs. I watch you struggle with your faith and the pull of the world. It is hard to watch. I pray for you. I've come to realize now that I really have no control in this area. God has to do the wooing. And if I give you to Him, it is a beautiful thing to watch. I know you love Him. This year I've seen you worship Him for the first time in Spirit and in Truth.
 You are so worried that you aren't strong enough, your voice isn't deep enough, you don't have enough arm pit hair! I keep telling you, it will all come and to try not to compare yourself with your friends. I personally, have seen how you are turning slowly into a man. I can't believe that you are now stronger than me and I do rely on you a lot when Dad is unavailable. You are a HUGE help to me!
 You are desperate to be taller than me! In this picture you kept standing on your tippy toes. Pretty soon, you will be flying past me in that regard!
So Happy Birthday to my young man. You get the privilege of being the FIRST teenager of all the kids. They all look up to you and I pray that you will show them how it is done. I pray also that you continue to build trust so that you will always been able to have loads of freedom as you grow older.

I pray that you will grow in all "wisdom and stature" just as our Lord Jesus did. I pray that you will rely on God, that you will turn to Him when you are angry, hurting, or need wisdom. I pray that you will love the Lord Jesus with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Make righteousness your passion. Remember that the world is not here to entertain you. You are here for a purpose. To love and serve God. To find out what His calling is for you.

Remember, I am here. I am available. I will listen even if I might not agree with you.

May you enjoy your day, my special one!

Love,

Mom

9 comments:

Robin said...

Now the parenting fun really begins.

:-)

*GULP*

Seriously, though - Congratulations.

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday Josh!!!

Grandma Becky said...

Happy Birthday, Joshua! Psalm 34! Keep praying daily for your children and nourishing their spiritual walk. I pray for my adult children every day. They are special, no matter what age they are! Hugs! Thanks for sharing your heart. It brought tears to my eyes as I've been through it already. Life is a process! :0_

Mich said...

Have fun celebrating your special young man. My baby boy turns 13 in October.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Joshua! Again, another beautiful birthday tribute Stacie! I LOVE reading them!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

That is so sweet. Those pictures turned out great. Josh seriously has the best mom in the world!

Catherine said...

Sweet Birthday greetings to your oldest, Stacie!

Camille said...

How PRECIOUS this letter is Stacie!! As the Mum of two (and next year, three) teenage boys, I can tell you that it is a privilege and a blessing to be raising these young men for our LORD. Remember that HE loves them BEST! And HE will guide you in the days to come.

Many blessings!
Camille

Happiest of Birthdays to your Joshua. :)

RaD said...

Happy Belated Birthday Josh!

Related Posts with Thumbnails