Monday, September 5, 2011

Impromptu Baptism

Jessica and Marcus had asked awhile back to get baptized. It just hadn't worked out with everything that is going on in our church right now. Our senior pastor is in the final stages with his battle with colon cancer. We have put it off since late winter. Jessica asked me the other night if I could baptize her right NOW.

I thought it about it before I answered her. I thought of all the VOM pictures of people getting baptized in kiddie pools, oceans and such. I also felt the Lord say in my spirit, "Do not prevent the little children from coming to me." So I said yes.
 Steve of course was working, so I was on my own. I filled up the bathtub and gathered the older ones around me. It was beautiful as I prayed with them and baptized them in "the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."
 Here is Marcus. I was so proud of him for making this decision.
 Josh surprised me and said he wanted to do it as well. I was thrilled! The other ones cheered when they came up out of the water. It was very special.
We went ahead and talked with our pastor and they will be officially baptized by him in September. I'm so glad I had this special moment with my children. It felt like I was experiencing some of the fruit of my labors of teaching them about the Lord.

10 comments:

JuRita said...

how precious. what a joy! my husband baptized my son at a pool during a family swim time. i have video of it that i will cherish forever. so happy for them and you momma! :)

Mich said...

What a precious moment.

since my hubby is a minister, he was allowed to baptize his own children at church. He said it was one of the most special gifts he could have been given.

Ma said...

I would certainly call this official:) Blessings!

Chelle said...

Thats lovely. You are a special Mom. My husband is a minister so he gets the privalige of baptizing ours. It is a very holy and precious time. It is so nice to see other young people love the Lord.

His bondservant said...

So glad you were able to experience that with your children! What a joy when they come to the Lord. May the Lord continue to show you the fruit of your labor my friend!

Sarah said...

How wonderful! I am so thrilled for you all! Way to go Joshua, Marcus and Jesscia!

OurLilFullFam said...

Love it! How wonderful Stacie! I am rejoicing with you over their decisions!

I am sorry about your pastor, I know he has been sick. I will pray for him and his family.

Stephanie

Vanyah said...

OH how awesome is that...thats a mothers prayer ALWAYS for our children to come know the Lord. I was 16 when I got baptized in our creek behind the house...but I have friends that had to use a pool, all you need is a some water! God Bless. ;)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I think what you did was awesome! Who says you have to be baptized by someone ordained. If the Spirit moves, we must go with it! Good job, Sis!

Beth said...

Reading your post fills my heart with joy!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails