Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Civil War Camp-2011

 We were blessed to be able to get a bunkhouse at a nearby military camp called Camp Rilea. Super-cheap and way better than a tent! There is a lot of cleaning involved, so we put Josh to work sweeping the floor. He was thrilled! LOL!
 It's a big room with a two-stalled shower and two toilets. Perfect for a large family!
 I caught Josiah and Andrew walking away with their guns...
 and a big, buddy hug! So cute!
 I know that this dress is a colonial dress, but it was all we had. I bought a bonnet and a little purse for her. She loved dressing up, which kind of surprised me.
 Jess, Jackie and I were drooling over the dresses. I had never seen such a selection in the "stores". The business must be booming! Jackie got a really good deal on one! I'm sure she will be posting it soon at www.homesteadwannabes.blogspot.com
 I bought Andrew a die cast pistol with some caps. He was in heaven!!!
 More dresses!!! It was pretty warm out. I can't imagine wearing this kind of stuff down in the South.
 One of the Confederates let Andrew hold his "big" rifle. Man, are they heavy!
Here, Josiah got "caught" by a Confederate Soldier. He was wearing the wrong uniform in the wrong camp. It was cute watching this big, boorish soldier come at him. I've never seen him so unsure of himself. He handled it politely though.

Next year, I think we are going to try to make it to the WWII reenactment. We have two boys that are obsessed with WWII! Can't wait to see how they do it.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Loved all the photographs, Stacie! The dresses are awesome! I'd love to try one on!

Fire Wife said...

Too fun! I love the dresses too, although I've pretty much convinced myself I'd look horrible in them! At least without a whale-bone corset to tighten up this waist! LOL

Amber said...

That looks neat! Here in the Deep South, there are all kinds of reenactments, but I've never seen a civl war "camp". I bet it would be a hit here. I also could never imagine wearing all that fabric in the heat of summer. They are brutal here. It only stopped being in the 100s here last week!

I hope this finds your family happy and healthy!

OurLilFullFam said...

That looks very neat! Yes, whenever they have those here in SC, I always feel so bad for the people wearing those dresses and cannot imagine wearing them back then with no a/c!

Stephanie

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Great pics, Stace! I can't wait to go to the WWII reenactment next summer :)

Grandma Becky said...

Loved the photos. I didn't know there was a WWII re enactment. That would be interesting to see. Let me know!

Related Posts with Thumbnails