Sunday, August 28, 2011

Nothing Withheld

"Our safety, joy, fulfillment, and wholeness are all found in allowing God to completely invade our through and through. Nothing withheld. Nothing off-limits. No part of our lives from birth to death. No part of our beings from conscious to sub-conscious. No part of our minds. No part of our emotions. Through and through.

I don't mean perfected. I just mean surrendered and under the safekeeping of God's dominion. Sanctification basically means set apart. Anything of our experiences, issues, or weaknesses that we don't deliberately set apart to the safekeeping of Christ's dominion sits like a wide-open target under the nose of the lion (the devil)."

 -Beth Moore (Taken from When Godly People Do Ungodly Things).

7 comments:

RaD said...

That's so right on target. Thanks for sharing it.

Catherine said...

Well! Ain't that the truth!!! You said it; Beth said it; I am surrending more and more, and it is delightful! I love it.

caz1975 said...

It amazes me how much I fight surrendering things to God when I know it is the only path to peace, us humans are just plain silly sometimes. I am very thankful for God's pateince and grace!!!

Grandma Becky said...

It's amazing what we cling to. All we need is God and not the world. This goes with the sermon we've had for 2 weeks on 1 Thess 4:1-8. I won't go into it but just remember to keep your minds from uncleanness. Please God not man. Live for Him!

His bondservant said...

Wonderful quote and so very true!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

So true! It is all about being surrendered, not being perfect.

Camille said...

Thank you for sharing my friend! How true it is!! Oh that we would truly be controlled by our Precious Saviour and completely surrendered to HIM in all things!

Love to you!
Camille

Related Posts with Thumbnails