Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Musings

 This is sort of a mix and match catch up post of some of my favorite pictures I've taken this summer. Here is Lily pretending she is talking to Mommy.
 I took some pictures of some beautiful daisies and yellow roses that were in a garden at a wedding I sang at.

 I was so blessed when I was asked to sing "O Lord, Your Beautiful" accapella. It was a lovely, Christian event.
 Lily is in the process of potty-training. It has been quite easy so far. It has been all her idea. We went and got big-girl underwear and a toy that she gets to play with whenever she pees or poops in the toilet. If she has an accident, it gets taken away, but put in a well-viewed place. This is how I have managed to potty-train all my children with great success. It takes the stress out of it!
 We went to go see the Herman the Sturgeon at Bonneville Dam. They had a huge row of lavender that was stunning!
 Silly faces on a silly girl!
 Jacob and Lily and I.
The kids have been using their imaginations lately. Taking the summer off from school has left us a lot more down time. I think he was a "gunner" in a "tank". I just love it!

9 comments:

Catherine said...

It is obvious that you are enjoying your kids and your summer! LilyPie is nearly grown up, and school days are nearly upon us.

Homestead Living said...

Cute pictures Stacie! Love your potty training idea. I'll have to give it a try. We are coming up on another one needing to be trained.

~Jennie

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Lily is getting so big! Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family.....

OurLilFullFam said...

I can't believe how big she is! So cute!

Stephanie

Kristin Bridgman said...

I love it too! Boys always find a way to place with guns and tanks:)
Your little girl is precious! And I just found out you're a singer. I wonder what else I will find out about you? :)

I can hear the enjoyment you have with your children. Such a treasure!

...they call me mommy... said...

Hmm...that is a new idea with potty training! :) I've used stickers and candy before! My Ella is getting almost there. Thanks! :)

candy said...

love that picture of Lily talking to mom.I like them all but that is the cutest face.blow that up its adorable. I'm happy your summer is better and relaxing this year. love you my dear friend.

Grandma Becky said...

Cute photos and glad you have had a fun summer. Got your house all painted yet? Hugs!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Can't wait to see my babies soon! This post makes me miss my "other kids" so much :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails