Thursday, August 18, 2011

The LORD is More Powerful!


I am doing a new study (well, new to me) by Beth Moore, called When Godly People Do Ungodly Things. It has been profound in many ways!

I can't wait to share bits of the study that have struck me to the very core of my being.

"Many believers have a wrong conception of Satan's power. They think he is somehow parallel to or as powerful as God. Satan is far more powerful, personal, and conniving than many of us thought. Let's be very careful, however, not to dream of giving Satan more credit than he is due. While he is tremendously potent, armed, and dangerous,  he is not the equal of the Most High God.

The Lord of hosts maintains authority over ALL powers and principalities. Satan is merely a created being. That doesn't mean the evil one is not a threat. At our strongest moments we are no match for him. Only the Almighty Three-in-One can overpower Satan. We walk in the victory Christ won for us only when we are "strong in the Lord and his mighty power (Ephesians 6:10).

Why is he so furious? Because he knows his time is short. Because his ultimate fury is at God, nothing gives Satan greater unholy pleasure than assaulting God's children. Hence, our present conflict." -Beth Moore

This just proves to me why it is so important to be filled with the Spirit. I can't fight this battle on my own! It is impossible to win without the Lord. He is my defender, my protecter, my warrior, my love.

Thank you, LORD!!!

8 comments:

Kristin Bridgman said...

AMEN! Someone recently said how we are filled with God's power as believers, but we don't know it, or we don't understand it or we would be tapping into it a lot more.
I'm tapping!!! ;)

Isn't Beth Moore great? :)

(I haven't seen you in awhile, good to see you again)

OurLilFullFam said...

Love Beth Moore! How true these words are!! Thank-you for sharing!!


Stephanie

Grandma Becky said...

Thanks for sharing. I've not read Beth Moore's books but hear that she's good. I might consider doing one with my friend Tamara as we Bible study together every week. Recently a couple we know is divorcing becuz of one's unfaithfulness. It is said to see and we know it hurts them both. We are all vulnerable and we need to be strong! And God is there for us and we just call on his name for help in those times and run away when sin rears it's ugly head our direction! I assume you got the photos from our visit in The Dalles? Fun time and have a good day!

Wildflower Cottage said...

Amen! You certainly have given me food for thought today. Though I don't openly say or believe that Satan has more power than our Lord, sometimes in my low times, it is difficult to feel God's power moving within me.

Thank you for sharing these words today. I hope that you will share more little tid bits with us from this book as time allows.

Great to "see" you again as well. I have missed you. :)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Yes, yes, yes, and Amen! Love it, Stace. I'm so glad you kept after me to do a Beth Moore study because I'm so hooked! Her passion for the Word is contagious!

Camille said...

How we need the LORD! We do battle against the world, the flesh and the devil, but the LORD is victorious!! Hang in there my friend. Continue to follow HIM in all you do...how precious HE is!!

Love,
Camille

His bondservant said...

This is such a wonderful truth for believers. It is so encouraging to know that God is more powerful than Satan will ever be and to know that Christ has already defeated him and one day he will meet his final end.

Blessings,
Jackie

Catherine said...

Oh, it is nice to have you back, darlin' Stacie! Amen to what you and Beth have said.

Related Posts with Thumbnails