Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lovin' the Yard Sales This Year!

This summer has been wonderful for yard sales! There seem to be more and more of them with our economy being down.

As you know, every firewife can't help herself when she runs into a cute fire engine. I found die cast metal toy and offered $5 for it! I couldn't believe she took it. It will make a cute decoration on the porch when the kids aren't playing with it.

I have been wanting a bistro set for ages, but couldn't justify the cost. I found this bistro set for $25! It looked brand new and it was the perfect size and color for my front porch. Now you can find me doing my devotions out here. I love being outside where I can see my flowers. I found that middle pot for $3 at another yard sale. The others are old canning pots that I filled with flowers. Snickers is in the foreground.

This milkcan had a little rust on it, but I got it for $10 at an estate sale. I put some flowers on the top of the lid. It was just deep enough.


I found this old coal bucket at the same estate sale. I filled it with flowers and put it in my herb garden.

I can't believe how much money I save when I go to yard sales. Someone's junk is my treasure!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Arrington Family News said...

Those are so cute! I love yard sales although we have been gone so much this summer I haven't gone to too many! Fun bargains though!

candy said...

WOW good going.I want a bistro set too. I'll pray about it.It looks so good on your front porch. Love everything. Your yard is starting to look like your old house with all the old planters. CUTE!!!!

JuRita said...

Amazing finds. Love how refreshing good deals can be :) Enjoy the warmer west coast weather! Blessings..

melanie said...

Love the finds!! Who doesn't love a good garage sale? lol Now that baby Gwen is here I might be able to go check some out. Along with garage sales, I just love craigslist for finding great deals.

Wanting What I Have said...

Shhh! Love it all!!! I can't believe you got the fire truck for $5!!! That ROCKS!!!! and your flowers are beautiful! I am so happy for you!

caz1975 said...

Love that little fire truck, what a great find!

Camille said...

What great finds Stacie! I can just picture you at that little bistro set having your devotions...how lovely! :)

Have a wonderful week!
Blessings,
Camille

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Adorable finds, Stace! I can't believe you got that fire truck for $5! Like the way you have flower pots around your bistro set.

Related Posts with Thumbnails