Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mother/Daughter Trip


I took Jessica to Pendleton a few weekends back for a mother/daughter trip. Since it was just the two of us, I was able to do some things that I normally wouldn't be able to do if I had had all the kiddos. The first thing we did was stop by the side of the freeway and get a picture of the "Pioneer Girl". Someone saw the discoloration of this rock as a pioneer girl with a little bonnet. There is always a basket of flowers in front of her. It really is precious!
After going out for Thai food, she said she wanted to go to the children's museum. I couldn't believe how relaxing it was with just one kid to watch! We had fun as she pretended to make me pizza in her little restaurant.

Here I am ordering from the "menu".


Mom and Larry made her birthday very special. She got many more gifts, but her favorite by far, was this jewelry stand for her necklaces and bracelets!

We even were able to go see a saddle bronc competition for "Cattle Baron's Weekend".

It was so good for us to have some positive interaction. She is very different when her brothers and sister are not around. I don't think I had to discipline her once. I think when she is all grown up that we are going to be good friends. In the meantime, I keep telling myself that I am her parent, not her friend. Friendship is the end-goal.

Thank you, Steve for watching the rest of the kids so that we could have this weekend together. I really do appreciate it!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Rachel and Family said...

How sweet! Special memories for sure!

Wanting What I Have said...

How precious!!! Glad y'all had that time away! I'm so lost...when was her bday?

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I've never heard of the pioneer girl, very cool! You'll have to tell me where that is.

I'm so glad you guys had a good time together. She looks like she is having a good time. I love her jewelry dress!

Homestead Living said...

I'm so glad you were able to have that time. Those are some of my favorite times.

I like how you added that you're the parent right now and that friendship is the end goal. I couldn't agree with you more. :)

Catherine said...

That was SO sweet! I was 18 before I had a date with my mom; you are ONE good momma!!!!

candy said...

For sure she is a good mama,I agree Catherine.and...6 really good kids to prove it.Love you all.
Jess made MaKenna some beautiful jewelry for her birthday.I was looking in MaKenna's old scrapbook when she was a baby. there were several pages of Jess and MaKenna,so little.now they are beautiful young ladies,into jewelry,clothes and shoes.Go figure.

Related Posts with Thumbnails